Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Windows Ce Data Logging Software

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Does anyone know of a weather recording package (nothing fancy, just data logging) that will run on Windows CE that will interface with an Oregon Scientific weather station? Thanks.

Posted

I'm not aware of anything...

...However, it shouldn't be overly complicated to write your own. It depends on what you want to use hardware wise. For instance, a basic data logger written in QBasic :) for a WMR928N is here and could be rewritten for the CE environment.

But it does depend on you being that bothered.

I take it there is a space / power issue with a 'bigger' machine then?

Posted
I'm not aware of anything...

...However, it shouldn't be overly complicated to write your own. It depends on what you want to use hardware wise. For instance, a basic data logger written in QBasic :lol: for a WMR928N is here and could be rewritten for the CE environment.

But it does depend on you being that bothered.

I take it there is a space / power issue with a 'bigger' machine then?

Hi - thanks for your reply. Unfortunately in my case it's not a matter of how bothered I am, more a matter of not knowing how to re-write software - I used to be fluent in machine code at college but that's a loooong time ago... :( But if there's a good reference guide, maybe you could point me in the right direction :(

The reason I'm wanting to do this is to avoid having a desktop / laptop on all the time. I have a Husky Fex21 that would do the job and could be left running at a fraction of the power.

Posted

What would be really useful is if you could find somebody who knows how / has software to write CE apps. (I don't though, unfortunately)

There's some information here (naturaly some of the links don't work, but there is a copy of BasiCE floating about on Tucows).

If there is a MIPS version of Pocket GCC then you might be able to use that (standard C programming, lots of help available on the net)

Sorry I can't be of (more) assistance :)

Good luck.

Posted
What would be really useful is if you could find somebody who knows how / has software to write CE apps. (I don't though, unfortunately)

There's some information here (naturaly some of the links don't work, but there is a copy of BasiCE floating about on Tucows).

If there is a MIPS version of Pocket GCC then you might be able to use that (standard C programming, lots of help available on the net)

Sorry I can't be of (more) assistance :whistling:

Good luck.

Thanks for all your advice... Now the wretched Husky's died though so the project's scuppered. It would have been quite a challenge though!