Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports 05th Jan 2006

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

lot of snow flurries all day todays since bout 11.50ams. very very clods and proper snow flurries. not sleets!!

awesomes :cold:

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

It's attempting to Graupel here (if there is such a verb).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Eastbourne reporting, Eastbourne reporting.

I am forever forgetting to report on the 'sunshine coast' weather so im so delighted in telling you all that we had snow grains/graupel on and off all day, very light, pretty much the same as elsewhere it seems.

Over and out.

Posted

Snow pellets falling here in worcs @ 16:30 - Now (17:22)

TEMP: 2.3

DEW: -0.9

PRESSURE: 1020 STABLE

HUM: 79%

WIND: E at 2 MPH

Edited by ¤CloudBurst¤

Posted

Had 2 snow graupel showers tonday, one at about 3pm and the other is happening now.

Posted

As with everyone else, snow grains falling for most of the morning, and again from mid afternoon. Sun came out with lovely blue skies for an hour early afternoon.

Posted

Evening all.

Just got back from work. My colleague tells me that we had a snow grains shower here about 8.30 this morning. Then as I was walking home there were some small flakes floating about in the air not settling or anything but hey its still snow. I'll keep watching the lamposts and the CCTV to see what happens through tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Very light snow falling, never seen it fall so slow. Flakes just bigger than ants

Posted

Heavy graupel here currently but not settlingas well as I had thought. Its also falling heavily on Big Brother which is live now on Channel four.

Posted

still have steady light snow, a little heavier than earlier post. Must be fairly local as I can't see any echoes for it on the Met radar

Posted
Heavy graupel here currently but not settlingas well as I had thought. Its also falling heavily on Big Brother which is live now on Channel four.

FW,

I think you're redfining "heavy" there, which in these snow starved times is understandable, but in my youth heavy would have meant Davina pretty much disappearing from view. With all the bright lights I couldn't decide what it was.

Anyway, it's been snowing on and off here in NW Stratosshire all evening. I use snowing in the very loosest possible sense of the word, and I'm wondering whether the innuit, in amongst their 38 (or however many) words for snow, have one for snow that is about the size on dandruff and falls with about the frequncy of dandruff from a scalp carefully protected with Morrison's own label equivalent of head and shoulders...if not, it's about time someone invented one. On Stratos's patent intensity scale this is stretching my ability to measure, save to say it's comfortably less than 0.5 (10 / visible distance during snowfall). I might take a picture later if I can be excited enough.

Posted

There are children in my village that had not seen snow till last week, so even tonight's little none event is still worth noting, and yes it's still snowing here so we should have a York Moors type covering by the end of Feb at this rate :-)

Posted

I personally have not observed any wintry precipitation here in Aberdeen today but Weatheronline has reported 'Snowy rain' at 2050hrs.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/akt...x&SORT=2&INT=24

Edited by Zerouali lives

Posted

Don't get me wrong, this isn't heavy snow - its heavy graupel (a bit like heavy drizzle as opposed to heavy rain). BB is about 35 miles from here and on the outshirts of London but when you see it falling in the spotlights it looks like its of the frozen variety. Anyway, its still falling here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Sleet is falling here with large snowflakes floating around

Posted

As per Fine Wine's post, I am about 9 miles to the south so probably got the same 2 Graupel showers, certainly heard it on the Conservatory Roof for a time. Did not Settle :lol:

Paul Sherman

Posted

post-364-1136505105_thumb.jpgI cannot belieeeeeve it: the link just crashed within about 5 seconds of my downloading 20s of video that had taken about 10 minutes to stream. Bugger that for a game of heavy light graupel I say.

You'll all just have to make do with a piccy instead of the now moderately heavy very light graupel (Stratos intensity about 1.2 now)...

Posted

Drizzly rain with large graupel mixed in. Temp now 1oc but earlier at 3oc it was steady snow grains.