Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports 17th December...

Shiny_Bottom_1

Posted

That overnight snow must have lasted for ages. I woke up at 4AM, and there was a covering already, and it was still snowing. So I suppose it started about 1-2AM. It had stoppped by 5AM. I woke up again at 8:30AM, and soon after it started snowing.

It looks like there's more on the way, plenty of snow clouds about.

Listening to radio Broadland (local) some people haven't had any and are wondering what all the fuss is about.

Guest Viking141

Been further heavy snow showers overnight although it looks like the polar low which was on the radar last night just clipped us.

About 2-3cms of lying snow in Lerwick but its snowing like mad again at the moment - blizzard conditions with extremely poor visibility.

:)

Posted
Been further heavy snow showers overnight although it looks like the polar low which was on the radar last night just clipped us.

About 2-3cms of lying snow in Lerwick but its snowing like mad again at the moment - blizzard conditions with extremely poor visibility.

:doh:

Hey Viking,

I hope you're sending it this way! the wind might have eased enough for some of it to stick around now!

(can't find the camera but when i do i will take a shot of what got caught in the nooks and crannies as that is all that has stuck around here because it all blew away :) )

Guest Viking141
(can't find the camera but when i do i will take a shot of what got caught in the nooks and crannies :huh: )

OO ER! LOL the mind boggles!

:lol: :):doh:

Posted

Well it is white here this morning, but I am not sure if it is snow or those snow pellets. It is still windy, but not as windy as last night and is currently snowing/pellets.

Posted

he he, still can't find the camera and we are getting a dumping of real fluffy snow :)

this from my webcam just now as a snap shot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, thunderstorms and sunny summer days.

light to moderate passing snow shower here in lincs...first one of the day. :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

snow here too :whistling:

161205snowSmall.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

The snow is laying again here. It's about the 4th snow shower since lunchtime (when I woke up due to seeing a midnight showing of king kong :whistling: ) It's finally cold enough for it to settle nicely now though. I can't say it's snowing very heavily unlike earlier, but enough to give a reasonable dusting on all surfaces :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Not a flake. Not even one flake. :o

Posted

Disappointing considering I usually do well here from northerlies. There was a slight westerly component which kept the showers near the coast. We did however manage a couple of snow showers, the first was heavy and left a dusting which melted and the second was much lighter.