Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 28th November

Posted

Hi all,

circa 10:15 this morning an odd flake was falling. We left here and travelled to Warrington from 10:45 - 11:30, no snow on the journey, then about 11:40 it started snowing again in Warrington, was still snowing lightly there when we left at 12:30, was treacherous at junction 19 on the M6 through the Knutsford area and along the A556 (1pm) Arrived back in Crewe to find it snowing really hard......it's been sporadic though. Light one minute, then a heavier pulse comes through.

Now 2:46pm and it's just an odd flake falling, roads are soaked here, all melted, but reasonable cover on cars and grass. Skies lightening to the north so looks like the end of the line for south cheshire.

Still, what an excellent surprise this has been this morning. We thought maybe just an odd shower if we were lucky, but a 3-4 hour event is an absolutely brilliant result, has really made my day.

Signal 1 said Congleton to Buxton road was shut off / impassable on the 1pm news.

Harpur hill in Buxton was reporting 1cm lying on the ground at 11:30am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Snow started again in Walsall, very light but its getting darker

Posted

FINALLY! SOME SNOW!!!!

:D

Persistent and heavy showers started to cross into Durham from the early morning and we had a few hours of heavy snowfall. From 8am-10am, the snow actually settled on the ground where i live (400 feet above sea level) but towards the late morning and afternoon the snow melted back to above 700 feet level. Some noticeable CN's visible along the East Coast...the ground is very wet after the snow melt and we could be getting more soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm warm and sunny 😎
Hi fellow spireite.

The damn stuff's not settling though is it.

Hi there Odd Spot,

At the moment it is very light sleety snow. The sky is heavy though.

odd spot and typhoon

can you tell me, I used to live around there, just where you are, and how much is lying on the ground if any please?

tks

John

Hello John,

Currently there is nothing on the ground. However it is still persisting. I live near the football ground near Lidl.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Snowing heavly again here! Road was soaked but it started stickin agen! Weird!

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

The snow has been on and off here for a while. It starts to stick but when the falls become light the lying snow then melts. Consequently we have very little lying snow at the moment.

Temperatures need to drop and/or the falls need to be more intense and prolonged for any accumulation to build up.

EDIT: Temperature between 2C & 3C (car thermometer!!)

Edited by kar999

Posted
Hi there Odd Spot,

At the moment it is very light sleety snow. The sky is heavy though.

Hello John,

Currently there is nothing on the ground. However it is still persisting. I live near the football ground near Lidl.

you dont have far to go then to watch the 'town' although they now use the word'Spireites@

cheers

John

Posted
The snow has been on and off here for a while. It starts to stick but when the falls become light the lying snow then melts. Consequently we have very little lying snow at the moment.

Temperatures need to drop and/or the falls need to be more intense and prolonged for any accumulation to build up.

EDIT: Temperature between 2C & 3C (car thermometer!!)

I've been going through the last 3 hours' radars- it just can't seem to get west of the Wrekin!

I'm sick of Shrewsbury missing out so often, please let's have a repeat of last Christmas day rather than another November 1996!

Posted

We had a few flakes at 8am in St Helens, when I took the dogs out. The sky seemed clear and I thought that was it. Then at around 8:30-8:45 it suddenly went dark and started snowing properly. I don't know what time it stopped around here but it carried on snowing in the Allerton/Sefton Park area of Liverpool until lunchtime. Some nice big flakes were falling on the car on the way into Liverpool.

I am now back in St Helens. I'm watching the radar in the hope of some more.

My, am I turning into a snow ramper? :D

Posted

Snowing in Churchdown, Glos. Not settling - yet...

Posted

A bit late, but I just got in from work....

Big fat snow flakes were falling about an hour ish ago, came down pretty fast. Hasn't settled though :D

Rain/sleet now. Wonder as it gets colder tonight, it may turn to snow again?

Posted

Been snowing well over an hour here, getting heavier at times, with settling on hedges grass and cars. Paths are far too wet however. Getting heavier again now, but radar shows only the far east of the band clipping me, so probably wont last much longer.. :D

Posted

Snowing, here, in Nuneaton again. The snowflakes in the last 10 minutes have been the size of golf balls :D

Posted
odd spot and typhoon

can you tell me, I used to live around there, just where you are, and how much is lying on the ground if any please?

tks

John

Sorry for the delay. But in case you forgot John. I'm from Hasland.

Can't you remember asking me this a few months ago :D

Never mind.

Anyway. There is nothing here at all. The odd flurry, but not settling.