Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 24th November

Shiny_Bottom_1

Posted

Morning,

Showers have been passing over, mainly sleet when i checked (12.30am) which is now easing off to clear skies but some icy deposits on the cars suggest some wet snow earlier. Fairly low lying here so probably more wintery further in land.

S

01.40 - Cloud moved rapidly over from the north at 1.30 and now have moderate snow. Settling on the cars but ground is too wet. NB - If i'm getting snow then it is fairly safe to assume any other percip in devon is likley to be of snow with the exception of costal areas!

Edited by swebby

Posted

well, i'm making my first official snow, ahem, wintry precip report of this winter. sharp squally showers earlier brought hail , rain and DEFINITELY some wet snow flakes all in one this afternoon. if you were to classify it, it'd be a sleet shower.

good to see exeter getting some. i used to have to drive to the moors to see some decent action when i was down there- we had only one dusting in three years around st. james' park! :lol:

Posted
good to see exeter getting some. i used to have to drive to the moors to see some decent action when i was down there- we had only one dusting in three years around st. james' park! :lol:

Yep is a rarity. 3 yrs round st james park, uni student by any chance? Last time i saw any decent snow here in town was when i moved down as a 1st yr undergrad. (91/92).

forgot to post in here, had a flurry of snow/hail in plymouth at around 1.20am. the sky quickly cleared however but the moon has just disappeared behind cloud and within the next 10 minutes or so i'd expect more snow *hopefully*.