Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 18th - 25th October 2003

Paul

Posted

Well as per usuall I had a very qucik sleet shower this morning! And when I say very qucik it was. I don't think we've really had any perticipation at all. Anybody know if we can expect some snow soon here in the Oldham area?

Posted

Currently raining here in my part of south Wales.. altho it does feel icy.

We had another harsh frost last night - despite the forecast for a low in Wales of -1C I think that Sennybridge dipped to nearly -4C and has only managed to reach 3C through today. Had some icy patches to contend with this morning as well.

Very cold indeed !

WB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

News has said snow in devon today.

Dunno if anyone else has mentioned it.

Guest ChaserUK

here is the warning issued for that snow in Devon!!!!!

WOUK45 EGRD 221240

MOTORING WEATHER WARNING

HERE IS A WARNING OF HEAVY RAIN AND SNOW AFFECTING DEVON.

ISSUED BY THE MET OFFICE AT 13:40 ON WEDNESDAY, 22 OCTOBER 2003.

OUTBREAKS OF SOMETIMES HEAVY RAIN WILL MOVE WEST INTO DEVON THIS

AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE WELL INTO THE NIGHT. OVER THE MOORS,

ESPECIALLY ABOVE 300 METRES ON DARTMOOR, SOME SNOW IS LIKELY, WITH

LOCAL ACCUMULATIONS OF A COUPLE OF CENTIMETRES. DRIVING CONDITIONS

WILL BE DIFFICULT.

FOR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS WARNING - PLEASE CONTACT YOUR REGIONAL

MET OFFICE.

TRANSMITTED BY THE MET OFFICE, CARDIFF AT 13:40 ON WEDNESDAY 22

OCTOBER 2003

VALID UNTIL: 23:59 ON 22 OCTOBER 2003

Posted

Explains why I saw snow today at 200m. The current Webcam from Dartmoor shows a covering of snow, albeit slight.

Sleeting now in S.Wales. Only short bursts in longer peiods of rain though.

Posted

You lot must think I'm crazy posting in this forum in October :o But I'm looking out of the window underneath a lampost 8) Ste :wink: and it really does look as though it's snowing, I think really it is drizzle, but I'd just like to make you aware of this. My school is currently recording 6c :o

Posted

Well i'm not sure if hail is wintry but there was heavy hail in heavy rain at about 8.30pm.Can someone tell me if hail is wintry because if it's not then i won't post hail again. :roll:

Posted

just had a phonecall from my father in letchworth,herts at 10.30 pm and he said its snowing and settling,,,,was just there 2 hrs before :cry:

just thought i would let you guys know

Posted

Wintery Precipitaion @ Darwen Lancashire 23 October 2003 @ 3:00 PM

Large shower cloud just passed to my north, I caught a small piece of it here and it produced hail and sleet.

Posted
Well i'm not sure if hail is wintry but there was heavy hail in heavy rain at about 8.30pm.Can someone tell me if hail is wintry because if it's not then i won't post hail again. :roll:

hail is wintry yes, but can occur throughout the year :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Well, I've just had a fall of precipitation which is difficult to classify: a shower of hail produced a light wet covering, and there appeared to be sleety bits mixed in but I'm not sure if the 'sleet' was just rain mixed with half-melted hail.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Just has a whiteout of hail with sleet and snow and heavy rain with 2 lightning flashes and 3 rumbles of thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Wow- there's certainly been a lot of thundery and wintry showers around this week, often simultaneously!! I didn't get any thunder though.

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

dearie me's. the me is very lates but me is was unables to post on times!!! me is had sleet shower on thrusdays afertnoons! it is lasteds for only 5 mins but it is was clearly sleet mixed with snows! onglia weather is forecasted its for thursday and it was cames and me is was roly polyings up and downs ! very amazings sleet in octobers for the me! wickeeeeeddddd :lol: temps is been very low since wednsedays and me is had sevre firosts for couple of days nows!!!

Posted

Just thought I would throw this question out to the forum----- Have any of you seen a CG in a snow storm or blizard?? I have heard Thunder but not seen a CG only on a documentary and then only the once "STORM OF THE CENTURY"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

yes I have in the Polar Low of '95 a CG left a pink scar in the sky.

Posted

Very nice Steve, its on me wish list :lol: probably will be a video still although a 35mm would be sweet :wink:

Posted

Yes look out for polar lows they are obviously the most like for thunderstorms as the troughs carry amazing amounts of snow and lightning against snow can be brilliant colours; pink, blue, green (sorry about going off the topic here just an interesting subject)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

I have seen a CG in a snow storm very freak event. I believe they are NIMBUS clouds or something like that which produces it. Very cool happened last winter gave 5 ins of quite heavy snow extremely vivid purple CG's and some deafening thunder. MEMORABLE!! :lol:

Posted

I saw one in Tyneside at about 4.50am on 29 December 2000. Polar low, showery NNE flow off the North Sea, 1C, heavy snow.

Posted

me is not means to offends anybodys but maybe we is should keeps this snow reports sections streeclty for snow reports onlys! it is saves the times lookings through where it is snowed and whens! it is more the straights to the points if only snow/wintryy showers is reporteds heres ,u knows what me is sayings? we is got plenty of rooms in other places on thees forums to discusses weathers. me not means to be rudes or anythings but is just makes suggestions! :D