Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Winter Discussion

Posted

THIS is the place for you to let off steam. THIS is the place for you to bemoan the fact that the 90 day forecast had a blizzard for your location on March 29th, but now shows a heatwave. THIS is the place for you to say your goodbyes after the GFS shows some normality again.

THIS is the place. Here.....

Thank you!

Posted
THIS is the place for you to let off steam. THIS is the place for you to bemoan the fact that the 90 day forecast had a blizzard for your location on March 29th, but now shows a heatwave. THIS is the place for you to say your goodbyes after the GFS shows some normality again.

THIS is the place. Here.....

Thank you!

so will it snow in my................................... cheque please! :):):(

Posted

Please don't say it will snow in Leeds. My daughter lives there and has never driven in a good dolop of snow!!!

There is a whole generation of kids [mine is 26] who have never driven in snow and the advent of automatic cars being the norm now will make things worse.

Myself, I'll take out the manual if it snows here!!!!!!!

Very interesting thread tho'. I know we are "due" a winter but don't relish the thought now that my parents are old and my kids are driving.

It is very pretty to look at.....................................................maybe it will happen as I've managed to order stick on snowflakes for the windows for Christmas. Have been looking for years......................and now maybe the real thing. B)

Posted
What tempratures could we expect throughout this "Period" and what would be the likelyhood of snow?

Very inexperienced weather user over here so try and keep the technical "mumbo jumbo" to a minimum when answering my query

Thanks in Advance

HH

HH,

word of advice - keep well away from a Steve Murr post for now (LoL)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

What time is the country file forecast? Not seen it for a while (my TV is normally dominated by the small people in my house). Is it on near the end still?

tia,

tracy

Posted
But that's the 5th December - we've got a week and a half of potentially snowy weather from next Thursday to get through before then!

Anyway, it's not a sign of zonality, in fact not anywhere near zonality as the Greenland High is still very large and in situ.

Its actually only 10 days off and this weeks cold spell was 10 days away, perhaps more! Its possible with that Atlantic block but i wouldnt want to go into too much detail atm.

Posted
hi thundersquall

i live down in the valley, highest hills round here are about 700 feet, i live on an old farm and luckily some good vantage points here, this morning was a stunner with the mist in the valley, and weak sunshine

if you didnt know you would have thought it snowed last night, the only bad thing about this frosty weather is that my two rotties have too much energy, i might put that to good use if we get some snow and will redesign my sledge so that they can pull me along :D

regards nick

The fog was so thick in the centre of Bristol yesterday evening that it drizzled, even though I could still make out the Moon! So it's quite possible it did snow where you are, in the form of snow-grains precipitated out of the fog.

Posted
But that's the 5th December - we've got a week and a half of potentially snowy weather from next Thursday to get through before then!

Anyway, it's not a sign of zonality, in fact not anywhere near zonality as the Greenland High is still very large and in situ.

Thanks for that I was editing that as you spoke, I realise that just trying to get a take on that scenario

Not Mild ramping here :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

"The fog was so thick in the centre of Bristol yesterday evening that it drizzled, even though I could still make out the Moon! So it's quite possible it did snow where you are, in the form of snow-grains precipitated out of the fog."

Hi Thundersquall,

I don`t know if anyone noticed last night but on BBC Ceefax at around 11.00/midnight the report for Shrewsbury

read -5c and light snow. Mind you we know what ceefax is like, probably an input error. :D

Can anyone confirm this?

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
Thursday into Friday looks the coldest spell, and it's marginally cold enough for snow anywhere N of a line Thames estuary

ahhh shucks lol! that damn Thames has prevented me from getting *possible* snow again! It did it to me last November as well... oh well I can pull the sympathy vote on everyone else then! :D

WBSH

Posted

you can tell how marginal it is - ive put in 2 post codes that are about 3 miles apart at the same height - net weather gives different readings for snow fall next week

suspect its pot luck as to weather anywhere in the south gets it

Posted
now i can believe that..... (cf forecast)

hi mushy, a well delivered forecast in my opinion. nice use of the synoptics. no mention of troughs so not sure about snow distribution, surely not as suggested in the north and on coasts? cheers ls

Posted
Where can I view those snow probability charts that show blue for rain and pink for snow?

http://www.net-weather.co.uk/index.cgi?act...e=gfsh500;sess=

here thundersquall.

Hit the ''precip type'' button

Edited by bennytes

Posted

I live and work in one of the higher areas of Bristol, around 70 metres amsl (home) and around 60 metres amsl (work). Therefore I guess there is a chance of the precipitation being in the form of snow.

Close to where I live are The Downs, which are quite flat and are around 90 metres amsl. So these are within range for snow.

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
http://www.net-weather.co.uk/index.cgi?act...e=gfsh500;sess=

here thundersquall.

Hit the ''precip type'' button

But do note that these precip type charts are not updated as often as the main ones. The ones currently showing, for example, are still from the 06z on SATURDAY morning. not today(Sunday)

Edited by osmposm