Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Longest Dry Periods In The Last 20 Years

MP-R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

July 1999 was a long dry period and so was July 1990. If you have anymore - please tell us about them.

Posted
July 1999 was a long dry period and so was July 1990. If you have anymore - please tell us about them.

Some places went a month without rain in summer 1995, from late July to late August. Also I believe some places were rainless for 20+ days in Sep and early Oct 2002 (often forgotten because after this it hardly stopped raining for 2 months!)

• 6 months later...
Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Many places In england reported two to three weeks of no rainfall from January to February this year, this was caused by a blocking high over the British Isles which refused to move.

Rrea00120060131.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Not far from where I live, Warrington reported no rain from the 1st of April 1980 to the 19th of May 1980, 49 days

And it never stopped once it started??? :D

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

As i am young, i cannot remember any other dry periods however in my location, i went 12 days without rainfall during June 2006.

• 17 years later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Interesting to update this maybe?

I guess 2003, 2006, 2011, 2018, 2020, and 2022 have all featured some extended "drought" periods, mainly during the springs and summers?

April 2021 and May - June 2023 could also be considered as well. Some spring months in 2010, 2015 and 2017...

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 1