Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 29th June 2005

PB22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
There was some lightning last night at about ten at night.

There was also some loud thunder claps.

That is all though, and it has been cloudy all day today.

Crap region this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Saw those here and it rained but no storms came through.

Posted

Had a brilliant storm last night, started off at around midnight. Loads of lightning, roughly 5 flashes to 1 rumble of thunder. Went on for a while as well, as my sister told be she didn't wake up until 12:41 so it did take a while to get really bright and loud, was very slow moving.

We had another storm today, round about 6:00PM only lasted 45 minutes. Not much lightning, more thunder.

Got some thunder rolling around now, haven't seen any lightning though.

Posted

hi there.

no storms here at the moment but hopefully tonight or the next few days we could be lucky.

the lightning chart shows loads of lightning in midlands.

any news?????

Posted

DB Yesterday, 20:17 Post #39

Group: Members

Member No.: 1,313

Warn: (0%)

Greenford Middlesex

20-00 approx VERY heavy rain, Slight flashes of lightning (must be very high up in the clouds) No thunder to speak of. 20-15 distant/infrequent rumbles of thunder.

I was in the course of adding an edit to the above observations last night

(having just seen the first storm depart to the west (from outside) lots of intra cloud lightning to the west. Cell 2 approach from east, forced back inside because of the rain) I was sitting inside an office INSIDE a building!!!! busy composing my edit, then, lo and behold!!!!!!! I noticed my feet were getting wet. time approx

20-40. Sitting in a room, with my laptop (plugged into the mains)in a pool of water GREAT FUN!!!! What followed was 2 1/2 hours of bedlam. Calling HSS for wet vacs, salvaging delicate electrics/computers from 3"+ of water.

The Sumaray

4 separate cells (start times approx)

20-00 Passed with no flooding

20-40 Flood

21-25 Flood

22-05 Flood

22-40 No more rain

23-20 last lightning seen to the NW at Greenford Station

Very little rain in Hayes apparently

Posted

Dark Clouds now approaching from the south to south east.

Rumbles of Thunder have now being going for about 5 mintues. Once flash of lightening also seen.

Also just started to rain lightly.

Update at 20.30 - Storms have now passed with partly cloudy skies approaching. Still the odd rumble of thunder.

Further East looks like it could have got more sever storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mixed winters and springs, thundery summers and meditteranean autumns

Cloudy and close all day. Some brightness around 3pm, then darker with a shower around 4:30. Thunder to the northeast.

Some thunder to our southeast an hour ago, with another shower, but clouds now collapsing and breaking to reveal some clear slots. No wind, and just a very light southeasterly during the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

2 MASSIVE STORMS today, absolutely huge!!! as you have already seen the piucs and vids im sure you'd agree- big hail, loud and deafening thunder, frequent lightening which was very bright, rain tht flooded the whole road and many roads in ipswich- exellent but VERY scary!!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Severe thunderstorm now, with extremely heavy rain falling of flood flash proportions - heart stopping flash and instant crack of thunder as I write. Worst storm I've seen here for 4 years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Thunderstorm rumbling away somewhere to the east of here at the moment. Very light rain falling here, sky completely overcast and vis' around 1 mile.

T.M

Posted
Thunderstorm rumbling away somewhere to the east of here at the moment. Very light rain falling here, sky completely overcast and vis' around 1 mile.

T.M

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can here the same storm as you i think, its to my south west which figures, very deep booms of thunder. foggy and overcast. been drizzling all day, drying up slowly now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

This storm might give you a direct hit, Stuart, it seems to be heading north towards Chesterfield as far as I can tell.

T.M

Posted

Hi all, I just found this site.

Last night 2 storms passed over me within an hour, both heading from SE to NW, both lasted about 15 mins as moving quickly.

2nd was spectacular. Much lightning and constant thunder for 15 minutes, and non stop torrential rain for 10 mins, though no hail here.

Following the 2nd storm were hundreds of large (ish) sea birds, some kind of gull or something, I don't know the species, not the usual kind of sea gull seen flying over London. Very unusual. Never seen anything like it before.

All quiet in South London now, though sky is very grey, and light rain.

Posted

Hope so, im about 7 miles n n/e of chesterfield, seen 1 flash so far, keeping an eye on the radar which is showing activity close by.

Posted

Flashes of lightning now about every minute but still a distance away, illuminates the mist over n/e derbyshire.

Heavy rain now falling.

The thunder has arrived nearly exactly 24 hours after last nights.

Posted

AS I HAVE POSTED ON THE OTHER THREAD.

A BANGING STORM PASSING THROUGH AT CHESTERFIELD.

IF IT KEEPS UP IT'S STRENGTH, WHOEVER IS IN THE LINE OF FIRE WILL ENJOY IT.

SHOTGUN PROPORTIONS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Drizzle, Rain, Wind and Thunderstorms

Storm passed over Stratford upon Avon at about 6pm. CG lightning hit the spire of the church opposite the hotel I was in, causing the fire bell to trigger leading to an evacuation into the carpark where a sewer then decided to erupt! Cue the fire service to turn off the bell and inspect the church steeple and weathercock - not for the faint hearted with CG still about!

Plenty of IC and CG lasting a good 30 mins with very heavy rain and pea-sized hail.

Sorry for the late report!

James

Posted

A large storm passed over here around 1am, some quite impressive fork lightning and loud thunder, the timegap between the thunder and lightning was very small, suggesting the storm was almost overhead. It also brought some fairly heavy rain, around 4mm in 10 minutes.