Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 29th June 2005

PB22

Posted

Please post your storm reports for Wednesday here.

Thanks.

Thunderstorm rumbling away to my southeast and its very dark.

Posted

Well last night was fantastic 2 storms in all the first passed over in around 30-45 mins starting at 9pm, loads of CC an CG several flahes per minute almost constant at one stage, loads of thunder and the rain was immense. It all died down around 9.45pm only for about 30 mins then the next storm passed through this one giving some very close lightning strikes and more torrential rain this storm lasted untill lasted until around midnight but was flickering away in the distance for some time after that. All in al a top night of storms som e of the best for a very long while.

Posted

the best thunderstorms i have ever witnessed here in ware in hertfordshire, around 9:45pm absolutelu massive storm with hundreds of strikes of fork lightning and the loudest rumbles and terrifying cracks of thunder i have ever heard in my life. then the rain came with it, 20mm in just 1hour fell, mixed in with hail, the roads became rivers and up here on the hill that i am on, i dred to think what it is like down the hill and in the high street.

Thats not all, however, before this there were two storms which passed either side of me here, and also another later after it which was not so dramatic, but kept me awake with the constant flashes of lightning.

Some beautiful fork lightning, best i have ever witnessed with my own eyes not through tv or camera.

so, all in all a very noisy and flickering night, with 4 thunderstorms in total.

phew! lets have some more!

Tommy

Posted

Very heavy storm about 9 here last night, just got back from work but got soaked getting out my car last night starting work!

Posted

Well us lot in Lincolnshire eventually got our storm last night at about 10pm. which then proceeded to carry on till well god knows what time cos the leccie went out, I think it was about 1am before it all eventually passed away.

Me and the boys went into the farmers crop field with Video cameras and hopefuly have got some good footage. We watched the storm approaching from 20 miles away, some fantastic CC's and many many CG's.

We were quite close (but not that close!!!) to the HUGE radio ariels on the base and at one point it was struck while we were filming, all 3 of us hit the deck and I will have to put in BBC Bleeps on the footage. Very Loud crack as it hit almost deafening. I think the boys (9 and 10) now appreciate how powerfull and dangerous thunder storms are, but also how stunningly exciting they are too.

My first storm this season and not a bad one either. so lets have some more when we move to the Cotswolds please.

Posted

Hi,

Had some thunder last night between 12 - 1 am

It was the best we have had this year (last as well i think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Morning all - well we finally got our storm here in NW Norfolk. Lasted for about 30 minutes between 12.30 - 1.00am. Thunder not particularly loud but echoed. Loads of CC - lit up the garden and actually forced the solar lights to go off it was so bright - like about 30 per minute for a while. Torrential rain - then all quiet. If there was anything else I slept through it.

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

:( last night is was horrendius in lootons! 8Pm sheet lightenings is starteds in disgustings yukky very very dark clods, the me is ran to switch off the me's pc.

then rumblies is got closers and closers and by 9pms it is was lightenings every 20 seconds, double, treeple, quadruple flashes and masseev rumblies. storm is carried on till last lightenings seen at 11.30pms. some rumblioes is still continued afters! 9.40 small break where it is felt rumblies is movings towards north east then crash bang wallop flash flash it is returned with avengence.

10.30pms a short break of 9-10 mins and then nother storm is cames.

3 storms is hits us and they is was mega scaries. lightenings is was very very brights and forky and severes. one rumbles is cracked extremely louds straight after hugely bright lightenings , the me is thought the me house is been the strucks! thunder is got deafenings and couple of torrential haily downpours!!! :o

lightenings is was flashings every couple of seconds! awfil storm indeeds!! the me is not had ones like this in ages! it is lasted over 3 hours and the me is was suffocatings in wardrobes and doggy broadis is passed outs. :(

Posted

Had exactly the same here.....was truly an amazing sight! 3 storms in three hours with only about 10 minutes between each.....

Have put pics on the Last Night's Storms thread...

Posted

I was up in London watching a friend's comedy sketch upstairs in a pub in London. It's a long time since I have seen pyrotechnics such as that - absolutely brilliant - as I was walking down the street, I saw the BT tower struck by lightning. Absolutely torrential rain!

Behind cloud and IC lightning from 22.35 - - - 00.15 (when i fell asleep)

no thunder, no rain, no wind except a gentle breeze.... just the lightning every 15 seconds (and i mean, EVERY 15 seconds B) )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty, Foggy, Cold, Snowy, Windy, Thunder
Well last night was fantastic 2 storms in all the first passed over in around 30-45  mins starting at 9pm, loads of CC an CG several flahes per minute almost constant at one stage, loads of thunder and the rain was immense. It all died down around 9.45pm only for about 30 mins then the next storm passed through this one giving some very close lightning strikes and more torrential rain this storm lasted untill lasted until around midnight but was flickering away in the distance for some time after that. All in al a top night of storms som e of the best for a very long while.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ill second that!

Im near Hitchin in Hertfordshire and I dont think I have ever ever seen anything quite like last night before.

Started at about 8Pm, went really dark quickly and in the distance I could just see sky turning from a light blue to a really dark black / grey cloud. At that point I just didnt think it was going to become what it did.

About 8:15 this cloud had completly covered the whole sky, the sky was really angry throwing down some huge thick shafts of lightning, thou the thunder was quite a distant rumble but constant lightning bolts to the ground and clouds was spectacular. Had to stand in the garden for over an hour just watching the constant light show but after seeing several nasty shafts of lighting strike the ground quite close, I decided to move indoors.

Got to about 10pm and decided to have my shower ready for bed, got out of the shower and got into bed. At that point I think the storm at this point had really got fed up and decided to let rip!

Huge, constant lighting and thunder that I felt in my chest, house was shaking and then this almighty flash of lighting took the power out and then a huge rip of thunder like I have never heard in my life, it was that loud and bad, well lets just say, I am completly out of clean underwear!

The rain that come with it also was just wild, I cant say it was rain, it was just like a wall of water hitting the house and windows.

Then at 11:20pm, it had decided to move on leaving lightning behind, power kept coming on and off which I think was caused my the still constant flashing of lighting in the area.

Simply a night of storms that I have never seen before, fantasic but also quite scary, never seen the sky that angry, the shafts of lightning to the ground where just wild!

Posted

mr bronskis u is not too far from lootons and the storm u is got is cames from the me's area!! that masseev bolt of lightenings and deafeing cracks is was sheet scaries man! the me is thought me is been strucks! the me is felt like me is will have heart attacks!!

the me's electricity is was flickerings throughout storms!! rain is was like buckets being chucked on every windows and hail is sound likes bricks and roofs cavings in! well scaries.

the me is find it amazings that the me i had storm just like thees one in 1995 iswells!!! 10 years on we is had nother magnificents frightfully terribals storms!!

Posted
:o last night is was horrendius in lootons! 8Pm sheet lightenings is starteds in disgustings yukky very very dark clods, the me is ran to switch off the me's pc.

then rumblies is got closers and closers and by 9pms it is was lightenings every 20 seconds, double, treeple, quadruple flashes and masseev rumblies. storm is carried on till last lightenings seen at 11.30pms. some rumblioes is still continued afters! 9.40 small break where it is felt rumblies is movings towards north east then crash bang wallop flash flash it is returned with avengence.

10.30pms a short break of 9-10 mins and then nother storm is cames.

3 storms is hits us and they is was mega scaries. lightenings is was very very brights and forky and severes. one rumbles is cracked extremely louds straight after hugely bright lightenings , the me is thought the me house is been the strucks!  thunder is got deafenings and couple of torrential haily downpours!!!  :o

lightenings is was flashings every couple of seconds! awfil storm indeeds!! the me is not had ones like this in ages! it is lasted over 3 hours and the me is was suffocatings in wardrobes and doggy broadis is passed outs. B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh the beautiful English Language!.

Had a brief storm last night around 19.30 that lasted around Twenty minutes. Could see another One way off in the distance. This never amounted to anything though.

Glad most of you had what you had been waiting for yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Hi everyone! Had the most amazing thunder storm that i have seen for blummin ages last night! It started about 7.15pm and rumbled on way after 11.30pm! The lightning was fantastic aswell! I've never actually taken the time to look at the lightning straight up so i did and i saw it go from cloud to cloud and from cloud to floor! it was fantastic!

Today hasn't been that great tho! Its been misty all day and rather cool!

Posted

i had no storm dis mornin' but looks opeful soon.

cheers

ohh yeah and wasn't last night a whopper.

i live in cheddar in somerset and there was a fork lightning bolt 2 fields away from my house so opefully there will be more to come for me today.

Plus it looks like there are loads of new storms tracking up from the south on the uk live lightning charts.

Edited by kneely200

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Thunderstorm has broken out over here in the last 20 minutes it seems from nowhere, frequent thunder and hail though strangely the suns coming out while it's pouring down now.

Posted

Storm here in Chiswick, West London, as we speak. Frequent thunder, hail and torrential rain, but not that dark and haven't seen any lightning yet.

Fam

Posted

Had a storm last night, didn't last too long though (unless i just stopped paying attention to it B) ). Had an amazing storm the other day though, literally went on for hours none-stop with the whole lighting and sound affects :o (duh)

Posted
hey nick where are you at the moment

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm near Chelmsford. Please could you tell everyone where you are aswell please B)

Posted

1 crackof thunder from the storm Nick has got that developed overhead, nice bit of hail as well.

Paul Sherman