Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 24th June 2005

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Another ickle rumble of thunder in Reading, still raining, but no downpoor now and it seems to be passing over with little effort. (no more lightning)

Posted
cloddy with yuky purply yellow clods and booms and ceracks of thunders is audibals!!!  :)   the me is scareds! the me is was looking forward to hot sunny weathers in lootons todays!!!!!  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

don't worry mate in another 6 months it will be snow!!

Posted

Had another small thunderstorm earlier, then sunny and very warm with cool breezes, now clouding over again, could there be another one?

forgot to say on my last post that during last nights storm at 1am there was thunder and lightning with the moon out, it was great!

there was cloud covering some of the moon with lightning around it, shame i didnt have my camera. :)

Edited by sarah69

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

mr holmes the me is wish it is was nsowings instead of thunders !!! hot snow is would be the nice innits? gufawwwww

lot of heavy heavy torrentials rain and lightenings and thunders over last 20 mins! no mega booms yets tho.

oops! lightenings and rather loud very lingerings rumbly

Edited by mr_crazy_snowfan

Posted
mr holmes the me is wish it is was nsowings instead of thunders !!! hot snow is would be the nice innits? gufawwwww

lot of heavy heavy torrentials rain and lightenings and thunders over last 20 mins!  no mega booms yets tho.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heavy rain and thunder in Stevenage.

Ooh and a flash of lightning

Edited by Snow-white

Posted
lot of heavy heavy torrentials rain and lightenings and thunders over last 20 mins!  no mega booms yets tho.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same here! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Now torrential rain. Rumbling thunber - no real cracks. Faint lightning CC only. Sky grey overcast - can't see cloud types at all. Still very muggy.

Posted

Hi,

Just had me first storm.

Did not last long but i counted 3 cg's and lost count on cc's..... lol

Hopefully there will be more and a bit more active as i want to get some pics to share with you all.

Posted

Well I've got quite a lot to talk about so bear with me :)

Last night we had some flashes of lightning for the cell that moved east along the south coast to affect the Bournemouth area and the IOW. After 10pm, I looked to the southwest over the sea and there were a number of fork lightning flashes, and it was certainly very spectacular. There was also some big spots of rain :)

Went to school this morning, thinking there would be an outside chance of some thunderstorms for my area. Around 10:40am, there was around 5 minutes of rain, but hardly noticeable. The main action started at around 12:30pm :) Me and my friends became aware of some extremely dark cloud enroaching from the west. It soon became clear that this would smother us soon and produce some thunder and lightning. The dark cloud continued to move in, so by 1pm we had seen our first flash of lightning, and the thunder rumbles were getting louder. The teachers were worried about the impending storm, so the bell signalling the end of lunch came a few minutes early.

We got into our next lesson, and within 15-20 minutes it was soon as dark as night outside. I was getting excited, but worried at this point because anything could have happened. Through the few windows we had, there were lightning flashes, some far away and some very close. The very close ones brought extremely loud rumbles of thunder, and it was becoming hard to concentrate on work. After the main part of lightning and thunder came the rain. It started off moderately, but it was soon coming down torrentially, make a loud noise on the roof of our portable hut. One of the older teachers came in drenched, saying to our teacher that if the storm was to continue until the beginning time of next lesson, we were to stay in the same room. Some of us thought by then that we would be in the room for a few hours.

Thankfully, the rain did stop, and the rumbling thunder died away. The skies brightened a little, and we were able to leave for the next lesson on time :) Quite a storm if you were here to see it, but obviously it's difficult telling people what the storm was like :)

There's also a band of thundery rain moving in from the Channel, so hopefully it will clip our area :) Overall though, an extremely exciting 24 hours of weather :D

Posted

Ok guys - if you want to see the storm over the south coast at Worthing "Live" via my streaming cam at 15fps it's currently catching some good "bolts" out to sea - as it gets closer might have to shut down the PC's - ig you get cam offline could be too many people are accessing it - be patient hit refresh

http://weathercam.camstreams.com/

Posted

Wow what a day I had another storm at around 2:30 and again at 4:00 then as I was cycling home the heavens opened with more thunder directly over head. I’m soaked to the skin but don’t care.

The shear amount and quality of the lightning has been amazing, as I said earlier I wish I had not worked today.

Oh I need to check this out but I have heard that three people were struck by lightning here about whilst constructing a gazebo :D

Posted

Hi Adi -I am in LocksHeath and the gazebo incident was a teacher at Sarisbury green who received burns to her hands and feet, the Holiday Inn at the top of Titchfield Hill is also on fire with 100 fire fighters attending but thankfully no casualties although complete chaos on the roads.

Posted

rain and thunders gone. all calm and quiets and brighter nows.

Posted
the Holiday Inn at the top of Titchfield Hill is also on fire with 100 fire fighters attending but thankfully no casualties although complete chaos on the roads.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it christ i know the people that run that, Di And her husband cant think of his name at the moment, i assume they still run it.

Sorry Paul S for going off topic but the amount of CG we have had down here it would not surprise me if there was wide spread damage coming to light over the next couple of days.

Posted

2nd storm of day hitting me now :D

Constant lightning /thunder.. pretty good day so far

Posted
Well I've got quite a lot to talk about so bear with me  :)

Last night we had some flashes of lightning for the cell that moved east along the south coast to affect the Bournemouth area and the IOW. After 10pm, I looked to the southwest over the sea and there were a number of fork lightning flashes, and it was certainly very spectacular. There was also some big spots of rain  :)

Went to school this morning, thinking there would be an outside chance of some thunderstorms for my area. Around 10:40am, there was around 5 minutes of rain, but hardly noticeable. The main action started at around 12:30pm  :)   Me and my friends became aware of some extremely dark cloud enroaching from the west. It soon became clear that this would smother us soon and produce some thunder and lightning. The dark cloud continued to move in, so by 1pm we had seen our first flash of lightning, and the thunder rumbles were getting louder. The teachers were worried about the impending storm, so the bell signalling the end of lunch came a few minutes early.

We got into our next lesson, and within 15-20 minutes it was soon as dark as night outside. I was getting excited, but worried at this point because anything could have happened. Through the few windows we had, there were lightning flashes, some far away and some very close. The very close ones brought extremely loud rumbles of thunder, and it was becoming hard to concentrate on work. After the main part of lightning and thunder came the rain. It started off moderately, but it was soon coming down torrentially, make a loud noise on the roof of our portable hut. One of the older teachers came in drenched, saying to our teacher that if the storm was to continue until the beginning time of next lesson, we were to stay in the same room. Some of us thought by then that we would be in the room for a few hours.

Thankfully, the rain did stop, and the rumbling thunder died away. The skies brightened a little, and we were able to leave for the next lesson on time  :)   Quite a storm if you were here to see it, but obviously it's difficult telling people what the storm was like  :)

There's also a band of thundery rain moving in from the Channel, so hopefully it will clip our area  :)   Overall though, an extremely exciting 24 hours of weather  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi there highcliff2

it sounds like you had the same storm that we had in poole, it was heading towards your direction, yes, i so agree about the exciting 24 hours :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'
hi there highcliff2

it sounds like you had the same storm that we had in poole, it was heading towards your direction,  yes,  i so agree about the exciting 24 hours :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please could someone look at the impending storm off of the Ise of Wight and tell me if we are at risk of it coming in land? Thanks in advance! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Well what a day it's been.

First storm started at around 3.30am, just a few flashes of lightning.

Second storm was much better, started around 4.30am at went on until around 6.30-7.00 am. Loads of CG'S, one of which struck no more than a few hundred yards away.

Third storm rumbled on while I was at work, which is some 15miles north of where I live. Just popped in to see my parents on the way home from work, and they said it has been rumbling on and off for most the day, only stopping at around 3pm.

Just watching the local news, and that CG I mentioned above struck a house on an estate only a couple of hundred yards away :D .

All in all a very stormy day, and I actually think the worst was a little further to the East of here.

Posted

Just had a large storm here very little thunder but plenty of moderate to heavy rain with odd claps of thunder and lightning embedded.