Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 19th June 2005

PB22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I can confirm the Morecambe Bay report, there were about six rumbles here in Lancaster. It seemed quite an intense storm in itself, but it was very brief indeed.

As is often the case, the south and east of Lancashire had much more storm activity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Any chance of storms in Northern Ireland today/tonight? Last night we had spectacular light show and the power went off for about 2 hours.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you're in the "same boat" as I am mate. If you didn't get it [thunder] last-night - then, you've missed out...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The storm we had we experienced 10 rumble but they were quiet and upper level, we only heard about 1 lower level rumble. No lightning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Storms are passed and now it seems that 'what came down' is now going up!!! Very misty now as it rapidly dries. B)

Posted

Just had a torrential downpour and thunder, 36mm rain falling in 25 minutes.

It included a MASSIVE hailstorm. with hailsones over an inch wide!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
The storm we had we experienced 10 rumble but they were quiet and upper level, we only heard about 1 lower level rumble. No lightning

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard a lot more rumbles, would guess at 50-60. But most of these were distant over towards Chester. No lightning which was a shame.

Posted

Just had a storm lasting about half an hour or so, got very close at one point, lots of ICs and a few CG. Ate my tea in the conservatory so I didn't miss a thing!

Posted

Recenbtly big thunderstorm.

Inches of rain dumped

36 Lightning Flashes

82 Rumbles Of Thunder

Rain now stopping.

Temp Before Storm: 24.2c

Now: 20.5c

Posted

Thunder rumbling in the distance to north of here and grey cloud over head. Hope it will do something, even if only to get rid of his humidity

Posted

2nd storm passing over now - 1st one skirted to the east to north east. Current one is high but lighning is frequent, a friend who lives in Tipton sent me a pic a hailstones the size of grapes! took from his mobile here's the pic

Posted

What a day I've had.

The cap broke over north Manchester at about 1 or 2 in the afternoon and storm activity began to build from then onwards.

The Monton area must have been side swiped by no less than 3 storms and hit dead on by another.

The lightning was very frequent although it was mostly high altitude lightning which produced a more or less constant roar of thunder throughout the afternoon.

Posted

Current severe storm over sheffield, constant sound of loud rolling thunder and loads of fork lightning with deafening thunder overhead, heavy rain also, not as heavy as i had anticipated.

Posted

Can't believe the size of the hail stones that have just hit here, Puts the ones in the picture to shame B)

Hopefully LeeKay can confirm this.

jk.

Posted

I wish i could Jk - all i got here is very heavy rain B) still got audio on the storm but has passed by now.. just hoping for a night show, now that would be good B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Well My ADSL connection has been down for the last 3 hours, but we've had an awesome light show today. At it's peak, I was seeing a CG or CC at least every 10 seconds. No hail to speak of, but 2.5 hours of solid lightning and thunder. It was everything I thought it would be B) Just a shame it's not going to last until nightfal by the looks of it.

Posted

storm overhead now, instantaneous Land T with torrential rain=24.6mm rain rate, storm centre slight to east of here

Posted
Well My ADSL connection has been down for the last 3 hours, but we've had an awesome light show today. At it's peak, I was seeing a CG or CC at least every 10 seconds. No hail to speak of, but 2.5 hours of solid lightning and thunder. It was everything I thought it would be :) Just a shame it's not going to last until nightfal by the looks of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You must have had the same as us - I'm sure it got a few day trippers running back to their cars B) .

In the end it lasted for just over 1.5hours of really intense thunder, lightening and very heavy rain :D .

The lightening was just non-stop, every few seconds. I can't believe it could sustain it's self for so long. Some of the thunder sounded like bombs were landing in the garden. Thankfully it stopped just at little man's bedtime, although it did knock Bob the Builder off earlier B)