Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 03rd June 2005

PB22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Some heavy Rain in Scarborough at 18:30pm. Some Distant rumbles of thunder from the west. It's heading my way so hopefully things will get livelier :D

Posted

We've had a further 2 thunderstorms here, the latest one has lasted over an hour so far, with some heavy rain and also lightning this time.

Tally for the day is now 3.

Posted

I have had almost continuous thunder from 6.30 this morning to 2pm have spend most of day in Canterbury.

All quiet now although the sky is now getting dark from the NW so possibly more to come.

Posted

I was right! Walked to the bus stop in the nastiest sharpest storm the heavens could have thrown at me. Soaked through and scared out of my wits by the time that bus came! Where I work over in Broadstairs; we've suffered 3 power cuts today and near continuous thunder and lightning until around 3pm. The lower wispy bits of cloud were swirling around in the opposite direction to that the storm was travelling in which was somewhat worrying as the last time I saw that kind of thing last year a very weak funnel formed. It's cleared up nicely now but does look threatening out over the North Sea still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

A big storm just came through Scarborough. CG's a plenty.. Saw the Radar station get struck a few times from my bedroom window, and one CG went off whilst I was right below and looking up. That is a sight and sound I won't forget! :D Back to a bit more drizzle before the next storm rolls in :D

Some nice cloud formations before the storm arrived:

030605Storma.gif

030605Stormb.gif

And a quick video of the rain for good measure... with sound :D (Divx5.2.1)

stormavi.gif

Edited by Gorky

Posted

Thunderstorms (at least 3 cells) have passed close by to my north in the last hour or so...