Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cambridgeshire Tornado (30 May)

matty8

Posted

Wow, nice post!

Damn cant view (except for thumb clips) get this message in firefox and explorer

The image “http://www.net-weather.co.uk/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=3083” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors

for all pictures ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.net-weather.co.uk/forum/index.p...ic=16103&st=120

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

I also have a fantastic photograph of the twister/twister's that were south east of Cambridge. I was looking out my bedroom window this morning inbetween 10.30 - 11am and the most evil looking clouds were developing! Then I saw what looked like a funnel cloud dropping from the sky, it became longer and longer and nearly touched the ground. I do have a picture of it and will take it down to the Haverhill Echo in the morning. I class myself very lucky to have seen this out my bedroom window!!!!

Posted

Absolutely brilliant guys ;)

The adrenaline rush will have been superb if you felt like I did when I saw a tornado ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Yes, I know how Matty feels. I shouted my fiance upstairs and she couldn't believe it either! I've spent hours and hours looking at storm clouds over the years in this area in the hope that I see one(and chased storms), and to have a fantastic picture of the sun out, with an evil bank of cloud edging towards our house and a tornado nearly touching the ground out of this cloud, I can't explain how over the moon I am! I will try and upload the picture in the next hour or so once ive worked out how too with my digital camara. I so want you all to see the picture!

Posted

Ive been through a storm or two in cambridgeshire (march) and saw a funnel cloud last summer. I think the flat land helps a litttle...

LM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Fantastic Stuff Matty, Very lucky to witness such an event, let alone capture it on camara.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

yeh- wicked pics!! i saw a tornado a few eyars ago in ipswich, but was froma distance and got no pics, the local news did tho- tht one looks excellent, must have been fun seeing it ;)

Posted

Well done to all you lucky people who witnessed the Cambridgeshire Tornado's. ;)

Guest Sir Seany
Fabulous pictures Matty. Infact, when i first saw the images, i thought it was fake ;) Think i'm wrong somehow ;)

MM0NDX Head of the Ham Radio Cynics Convention 2005

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited quote as most likely!!! ;)

Posted

I'v been busy doing other things though out today, I dont really care if you think they are fake, i'v got so many pictures of the tornado from when it was forming to when it was full on though i think you'd find that hard to prove. I dont use any other forums apart from net-weather, Im not as into posting on message boards now as I use to be.

Posted
I'v been busy doing other things though out today, I dont really care if you think they are fake, i'v got so many pictures of the tornado from when it was forming to when it was full on though i think you'd find that hard to prove. I dont use any other forums apart from net-weather, Im not as into posting on message boards now as I use to be.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's OK Matty....I think Mondy was saying he thought they were fake when he saw them cos they were so good, not that they were fake. ;);)

They are such good pics! ;)

Posted

Here are a few more pictures.... the wide tornado thing is trying to show you what it was like at one point, you could see dust and dirt flying around in a massive circle, amazing stuff! wish I could have filmed it for you.

post-124-1117485472_thumb.jpg

post-124-1117485569_thumb.jpg

post-124-1117485742.jpg

Edited by matty8

Posted

Hi All

Today at around 12.26 on Monday 30 May i witnessed something amazing a funnel cloud over the Town of Louth in Lincs on my way back to Luton, i have video of this fine funnel, i have never seen one before only what the guys from america show in the pics on this site but boy it was a good one, ive tried to let TORRO know but cant record the details for some reason any way ill post the video and see for your self, its not great quality as we were racing at around 50 through the countryside trying to get a good image.

it seems that i cant upload the video at the moment will try later!

Edited by Luton Observation

Posted

Well done guys. In 7 years of living in this fine city I've seen 11 T Storms, 7 of which were last year. And no tornados.

Guest Mr_S
the vid i promised

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:p Errr am i to tired or is there no link? :p

Ive only ever seen 2, and had one develop right over head when i was coming outta school one afternoon!

Truely black sky making street lights come on, the most furious wind blowing all the dust in your eyes, getting pelted by hailstones, thunder, +CG Strikes, and i think the most worrying was seeing rotation.... i spoke 2 my geography teacher about it saying it looks like a supercell giving 'birth' so 2 speak to a tornado if not now then very soon. he laughed it off.

Following morning Folkstone had structrual damage from an f2-f3 twister. My geography teacher sung my praises for the rest of the week.

I really wish i could see another & get proof ;) Esp as close as matty got!!

i hope this year is the one for me! :)

Posted

Just how many tornados and funnel clouds were there yesterday? Sounds like it was quite a busy day! I hope you're all filing your reports to TORRO!!!