Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 21st May 2005

Stuart

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Small thunderstorm here, although the rain is very light.

Edited by Nabraxas

Posted

STill torrential rain and becoming thundery again.

Hopefully more lightning to come.

And another watch is for that wet weather coming later

from the SW.

It alreday is thundery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
brilliant lightning and thunder about 2 miles from here, very loud thunder (almost over us)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seems to have died off a bit now, think it will pick up soon though.

Posted

Another Update

Here it is torrential rain.

Now flooding everywhere.

Little in the way of thunder & lightning and the sky is VERYdark.

really,Really heavy this rain is.

Chilly to

10.2c

dew Point: 9c

Real Feel: 6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Seems to have died off a bit now, think it will pick up soon though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In about now to an hour or 2 our area will have the highest CAPE (as informed by Gary - as I havent really looked at the CAPE values myself) so we may get more thunderstorm action then. Still going on in the distance over south-east Liverpool

Posted

Thunderstorm's becoming a bit more active now and just had a CG strike very close with very loud thunder.

Posted

Extremely heavy rain here, the raingauge is picking it up as 75mm/hr, is that even possible?

Posted

211530.gif

The Radar For 4:30PM.

Here the rain is getting lighter now and

the thunder is fading.

Cold at 9.2c to.

Posted

Brightness & Sunshine To The West Now.

Still Raining but

the thunder & lightning has stopped

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter with white fields and black roads

Thunder in Blackpool, sky looks black to the south.

Posted
Thunder in Blackpool, sky looks black to the south.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looking at awebcamfrom blackpool tower.

Looks like a thunderstorm isnt far away

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Thunder here was still audible until about 4.40pm. Quiet now, all the darker looking cells on the radar have moved away northwards.

Posted

Well :blink: I was just going out to the car at 1445 to drive to the football club and watch the cup final when I noticed a huge CB moving in from the WNW :o

Decided I'd go back in and watch the cloud from upstairs and saw one cracking blue CG strike out of the edge of the main core, it was about 5 miles to my NNW and was followed by bomb like thunder (must have been awesome where it hit!)

There followed a sudden gusting of the wind and a sheet of torrential rain that lasted just a few minutes. I watched the trees start moving in a line from those up the road (West) to those in the woods (East) :blink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
Well  :blink:   I was just going out to the car at 1445 to drive to the football club and watch the cup final when I noticed a huge CB moving in from the WNW :o

Decided I'd go back in and watch the cloud from upstairs and saw one cracking blue CG strike out of the edge of the main core, it was about 5 miles to my NNW and was followed by bomb like thunder (must have been awesome where it hit!)

There followed a sudden gusting of the wind and a sheet of torrential rain that lasted just a few minutes. I watched the trees start moving in a line from those up the road (West) to those in the woods (East)  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Andy i was just up the road from you at Castle Coombe around this time and had the torrential rain................didn't see any lightening as i was in the cafe having some grub! :)

Posted

It had

been a beautiful day up to 5 minutes ago,it turned black and heavy rain and hail is still falling,one lightning flash to earth so far ,temperature has fallen from 15.3 c to 12.3c.

Posted
It had

been a beautiful day up to 5 minutes ago,it turned black and heavy rain and hail is still falling,one lightning flash to earth so far ,temperature has fallen from 15.3 c to 12.3c.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Rollo :blink: Its gone as black as night, down here!!

can here thunder but as yet no rain :blink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

At approximately 6pm this evening the sky turned a purple-black from the south west. Lightening was flashing across the sky in "chains". The main cloud was moving south to north but clouds appeared from the west (very black like wisps of smoke). They started rotating into the main cloud mass and appeared to be swallowed up by it. There were some rumbles of thunder but nothing earth-shattering and then the whole cloud mass which was right overhead appeared to suddenly rotate - there was a terrible downdraft (the wind screeched) - it picked up a 10ft tree in the garden and put it back down 6" to the left of where it started - didn't actually uproot it, took the cover off the flat roof of the shed. Leaves and twigs swirled off the trees, flowers blew everywhere, there was torrential rain .............. and after about 10-20 seconds it was all over! The clouds seemed to lighten almost immediately and by 6.15 the sun was shining. Was really scared for a moment as I thought it was a tornado - must have been pretty close to one! Does anyone know what this was? I've heard of "rotating scud" - if that's the right term.