Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

How To Post Images

Posted

Try downloading irfanview

irfanview

it's free will convert to jpgs for best compression and can easily resize images

Posted

Open the image in you photo editing software. Most image software is the same so go to “image” then look for resize or image size click on that and change the longest side of you image to 550 pixels and change the dpi to 72 if need be. Then save as so you save the smaller image as a separate image.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Ok thanx for that everyone, shall give it a go.

Posted

I also noticed for a while now, that I can not view any uploaded images, my own or anyone elses.

Say if I wanted to view in a slideshow format, it say start slideshow, but I can not see any images. I can hear the page click to the next slide, but no image.

Edited by SteveB

Posted

It sounds like you may have a firewall or your browser blocking images, try changing the settings on those to see if it helps :unsure:

Posted

Ok Paul will give it a go, if I new what I was doing.

Posted

Sorted Paul, had my personal firewall on tight sercurity.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted

Oh no i deleted all my images in the image host today, i had forgot about this thread, all the images have gone sorry everyone.

I have attached a PDF file of both tutorials below, you will have to down load it to follow the instructions.

How_to_Post_Images__Complete_Tutorial.pdf

• 1 month later...
Posted

I just wanted to say what a great site this is and how nice it is to read posts that are interesting and informative. Im a real novice but fascinated by weather so I apologise for my ignorance at times.

Best wishes Andie :blush:

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

I have had a good read of the tutorials, thanks Adi for the explaination. I'm still having trouble posting a sequence of mini images, ie of precipitation, temperature etc in my posts so everyone can see the image instantly rather than having to click on it to open it or download it. For example, like the way Nick F or Brickfielder does it. I like the way they present there charts etc with an explaination of whats going to happen and why.

Can you help advise me on how to show my images instantly in my posts?

Many thanks,

Mammatus

Edited by Mammatus

Posted

I spotted your post earlier and the reason it didn't show was that you saved it as a bitmap (.bmp), you need to save the charts as either .png, .gif or .jpg and then they will show up in the post :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

That's great, thanks Paul :) That's pleased me, I should have learnt to do this by now :) There's been so many times I want to go into detail and explain my thoughts with charts visable. Now I can :)

Mammatus

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well when I try to post an image I'd get connection to server was reset during this operation. Mmm.

• 6 months later...
Posted
How come each time i save a gfs picture and then try to upload it. i get you cannot upload a file with that file extension?

save as jpg

• 5 months later...
Posted

I'm guessing you're trying to link from another site, perhaps imageshack or something like that? Basically the systems on some sites use a script to show an image instead of just showing the image itself, the is known as a dynamic image. Unfortunately because it's possible to make a dynamic image look like an image but for it actually be a virus or some malicious code that can be used to hack a site they're disabled on the forum.

Posted
I'm guessing you're trying to link from another site, perhaps imageshack or something like that? Basically the systems on some sites use a script to show an image instead of just showing the image itself, the is known as a dynamic image. Unfortunately because it's possible to make a dynamic image look like an image but for it actually be a virus or some malicious code that can be used to hack a site they're disabled on the forum.

it was actually from the net weather gallery, but i have sorted it now, thanks.

Posted

I have a few bricks.. i'll build it... You go fer it!! Just give it a few days to go off Paul.. :rolleyes: