Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

http://forum.netweat...53#entry2129853

i launched this thread and would like to ask if it could be unlocked? please! if not im happy to wait until a bit later in autumn.

thanks. Posted Image

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a rather daft and not very nice comment about a member who posted a good deal of useful info into the site, re volcanoes and also the weather in Shetland. give him my regards please?

was getting a hard time off people with his volcano thread. wasn't appreciated enough for the hard work he put into the forum.

Not the best place to add this i know paul, but i would just like to say i think this new thread in the model area is going to be great and help those who want to know what's going on fast 9if like me

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

The avatar and photo is one and the same now, so changing one should change the other. It does appear though that there is a bit of a bug going on in there somewhere which is causing one or two probs - will hopefully be fixed within a week or so when we put an update live.

Thanks
    Posted

Just a quick observation..this forum is so polite.. I have become accustomed to the Aussie forums, which are so-in-your-face and brash, but I guess that is just the Aussie way.Posted Image

Quick question.

Regarding the profile page, ( which I' hope to be putting a bit more work into soon ) , how can you have it so the background picture is visible.

It;s not such a big deal, but I tend to get a bit annoyed at myself when I can't work something out..

Edited by Styx
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

Hi Styx

We are a rather refined group, aren't we, lol. Wait until winter kicks in, you'll see the other side of the coin then....

I'm not sure exactly what you mean with the profile pic, can you explain it to me please?

Cheers

Ian

Posted

Under ' Profile Customisation' theres an option to display a background profile picture.

I've downloaded something, but the format wont allow it to be visible, except showing a bit at the very bottom of the screen

Edited by Styx
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frosty & Sunny

Climatalogical averages for England and Wales data page seems to be stuck in May??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Hi, can you post a link to the page please as I'm unsure as to where you're meaning currently.

Thanks

Paul

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=tmp;sess=

Bottom of the graph has May and not the actual month, indeed the whole graph may be for May?

Posted

Thanks, looks like the datamay be ok but not the graph - will get it raised as a bug and hopefully we'll get it working tomorrow.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Altitude: 189 m, Density Altitude: 6 m
  • Weather Preferences: Tropical Cyclone, Blizzard, Thunderstorm, Freezing Cold Day and Heat Wave.
  • Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Altitude: 189 m, Density Altitude: 6 m

Greetings to netweather team. I want to congratulate you because you (with us) have the most wonderful forum on the internet.

I have a query. What is the difference between posts and active posts? If you look here in left you will see I have 33 posts, but if you go to my profile, you will see I have 38 active posts. So?

Thank you.

Edited by Konstantinos
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

I can't appear to do bold/Italic/or underlined in any of my posts anymore, any reason for this?

It appears fine here. What browser are you using? :)
    Posted

It appears fine here. What browser are you using? Posted Image

IE9, or 8, its IE though. I aint computer technical as you can tell. You used to have "tags" and just like the quote tag you place them on either side the bit you want to be bold etc and it works but I don't get the tags anymore. I'm going to test something and see what happens...

Bold

Edit: Ahh i put the tags in manually myself and they work. I should of thought of that before posting the problem. :rolleyes:

Edited by Geordiesnow
    • Like 1
    Posted

Can't recreate that problem myself, I assume you're meaning this page?

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=gfsh500;sess=

Although with that said, there's a much larger selection of charts (in English and UK centric) available (freely) here:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess=

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Everytime I log into Netweather I have to keep putting my new postcode in on the forecasts page as my old one is still on there. I also have to keep signing in on the forum because it dosen't remember me. In Firefox I always use 'Accept cookies from site , ask me every time. I also use Ghostery and wondered if this was intefering with it all! I've emptied cookies and tried again but I'm still having the same problem. I also have to keep resubscribing to threads lol.Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.Posted Image

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District 290 mts. Wind speed 340 mts
  • Weather Preferences: Rain/snow, fog, gales and cold in every season

Does anyone know what the problem is with ECMF? The charts seem to have stuck at 00z on Wednesday.

Posted

Everytime I log into Netweather I have to keep putting my new postcode in on the forecasts page as my old one is still on there. I also have to keep signing in on the forum because it dosen't remember me. In Firefox I always use 'Accept cookies from site , ask me every time. I also use Ghostery and wondered if this was intefering with it all! I've emptied cookies and tried again but I'm still having the same problem. I also have to keep resubscribing to threads lol.Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.Posted Image

Sounds like you're blocking cookies with something - could be ghostery but tbh I don't know much about it. It's definitely a cookie thing though and the fact it's on here and the main site means it's likely to be something on your pc as they're separate cookies.

Does anyone know what the problem is with ECMF? The charts seem to have stuck at 00z on Wednesday.

I'll have a look into that now..

Edit - ECM is back up to date, not sure why it stuck..

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=ecm;sess=

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Rain/snow, fog, gales and cold in every season

Yes fine now, thanks Paul. I noticed it had stuck a couple of times earlier in the week but not for as long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Sounds like you're blocking cookies with something - could be ghostery but tbh I don't know much about it. It's definitely a cookie thing though and the fact it's on here and the main site means it's likely to be something on your pc as they're separate cookies.

I'll have a look into that now..

Edit - ECM is back up to date, not sure why it stuck..

http://www.netweathe...ction=ecm;sess=

Thank you Paul will have a good look later.Posted Image

Posted

Can't recreate that problem myself, I assume you're meaning this page?

http://www.netweathe...e=gfsh500;sess=

Although with that said, there's a much larger selection of charts (in English and UK centric) available (freely) here:

http://www.netweathe...tion=nwdc;sess=

Yes thats the page. As soon as I press a time (t240 for example) I get

chucked off and the home page appears. Strange.

Thanks for looking into it for me and yes the Netweather charts are very good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Is there any way to get NW forecasts in a sort of 'text-only' mode on my mobile? I have a nokia e72 and it really struggles with the normal forecast pages: cursor keeps jumping, pages take forever to load NW graphics, etc. I'd guess this is at least partly due to no 3G and poor mobile reception most of the time, but maybe there's something else too, many other sites (inc MetO) seem to load more easily. Thanks...

Posted

We're working on making both mobile apps and more mobile friendly pages currently, it's not too far off...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

We're working on making both mobile apps and more mobile friendly pages currently, it's not too far off...

Thanks, I'll keep trying then!