Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

It's the same system as adding an attachment to a post. Look under the area where you type your message and there is a slab of attachment controls :doh:

Im just checking as I did it last time by paypal.

next time its runs out, I Want the choice of the package again I don't want a continues one.

Will get a definitive answer on how this all works shortly :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

The NW radar has been stuck all day, anyone have the same problem?

Posted

Yes same here i phoned the helpline about a hour ago and they are getting in touch with met office to see why the data has frozen.

Posted

Hi all , radr is back up and running - unfortunately we received a file with a bit of crazy data in it..

the images were actually all processed so rewinding would have worked to see the latest image unfortunately the latest time stamp wasn't updating so the main view waasn't refreshed

sorry about that

secondly the subscriptions don't give you the choice to change at renewal but drop an email to enquiry@netweather.tv and it can be sorted http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons//laugh.gif

Posted

It's the same system as adding an attachment to a post. Look under the area where you type your message and there is a slab of attachment controls :D

Will get a definitive answer on how this all works shortly :D

thanks

Hi all , radr is back up and running - unfortunately we received a file with a bit of crazy data in it..

the images were actually all processed so rewinding would have worked to see the latest image unfortunately the latest time stamp wasn't updating so the main view waasn't refreshed

sorry about that

secondly the subscriptions don't give you the choice to change at renewal but drop an email to enquiry@netweather.tv and it can be sorted :)

how do you mean? usally I by through world pay and usally just go for 1 month or what ever and then pay that, but click the button so that when It runs out I have to do it again.

will I still have to do it again this time or will it be keeping rolling, if that makes sense.

Posted

I think what Karl means Cookie is that it will be ongoing until you E-mail to authorise when you wish to terminate your NW-Extra service.

I did this with my own forum and it took the eejits 3 months to stop the payments. That was September 2008. And to add insult to injury, they took out another £14 in December. Karl may recall that I said in the Techies section (or somewhere?) that my forum went down. It did, came back after 4 days. Has now gone down again and has been since 19th January. 7 servers have gone down apparently. Either they haven't paid their electricity bill or are looking for a suitable hamster to run the wheel to power the servers.

I am a bit ****** off so I'm going to purchase my own server, cancel my debit card account, set up a new one and my final parting shot to Xsorbit will be to go ".. insert expletive of your choice here! .." OFF!! Install SMF which is free anyway and I then have full control. ;)

A word to the wise. Don't touch Xsorbit with a barge pole connected to a barge pole!

Phil.

Posted

cookie- i can't quite remember exactly how it works so drop an email across because that will be dealt with by Paul's brother who's looking after the billing side of things.

Posted

Is it just me or does everyone get 8 and 9th march 2008 charts on the UKMO fax tab after selecting "Charts from wetterzentrale" +108 and 132hrs, bit confusing when you are just stepping through to see what's coming and not watching the chart title carefully !

Posted

Just a few points/questions with reference to the Radar and Snow Reports, points which may help others too...

1. I realise that the NW Radar takes data from the Met Office. Today, presumably due to something going down, the Met Office has no radar 'slide' for 12.30, 13.00 or 13.30 however for that timeframe the NW Extra radar has the 'slides' from those times yesterday.

- Is that a default setting?

- Does it accrue when using the accumulation feature? - If so there will be accumulated rain for today in the West / South West which isn't actually happening.

2. There is a snow report from Yeovilton for 10.00 today http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif :doh: . At that time Yeovilton was reporting mist at 7.5c! How can this anomaly occur.

Thanks guys :) .

Posted

1. will have to check up on the accumulator - can't remember if it checks by date or just grabs a rolling total in which case those frames may be included

2. the metar report from egdy yeovilton today was:

EGDY 281050Z 32005KT 8000 HZ SCT008 OVC012 08/07 Q1013 NOISG

the last word in that code is badly spelt by the issuing station and should be NOSIG

the text parser in use couldn't change that to No significant weather and in fact found SG which is the code for Snow Grains...

what are the chances of that

Posted

2. the metar report from egdy yeovilton today was:

EGDY 281050Z 32005KT 8000 HZ SCT008 OVC012 08/07 Q1013 NOISG

the last word in that code is badly spelt by the issuing station and should be NOSIG

the text parser in use couldn't change that to No significant weather and in fact found SG which is the code for Snow Grains...

what are the chances of that

:) That's pretty amusing. Thank you Karl.

Posted

The front page is updated every morning. The postcode/location forecasts are updated when the full data from each GFS run is in :)

Posted

I'm not certain if this is due to how individual computers are set-up to save pictures, but I'm wondering if images of weather charts could always by default save as, for example, JPEG, GIF or PNG, rather than Bitmap.

It would make sense, considering Bitmap images are not allowed in the forum posts due to their size.

Ok, I can get around the problem by opening Paint and saving the Bitmap as, say, a JPEG, but this wastes time.

Posted

I'd assume all computers are set up to save in any file extension. Animated ones will always be in .gif format. The problem with .jpg/.jpeg is that although less of a burden on the memory, you tend to lose some of the image quality.

Try it with MSPaint, save a .bmp/.png image then convert it to .jpeg then you'll see what I mean.

Phil.

Posted

sounds weird - when i right click an nw image from the datacentre and click save as it defaults to png which is what you should save images as

png is lossless compression so smaller than a bmp and better quality than a jpg.

look up irfanview on google as a super little image converter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hi guys, probably a dumb question, but some of the data of the NW extra snow risk (extra-detail) charts still confuse me.......The snow depth row, does the figure represent cm or mm?.....also the snow forecast row, I understand the percentage figure ok, but the 'x' or the 'tick', and the 'ht' figure, what do they represent?

Thanks

AJ