Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

Cheers Paul. Might have to make do, as admin wont download anything unless its in their update plan.

Somehow, i've got a feeling its too do with Spyware. Might have a play about with it at some point, and see if that makes a difference...or I could eventually buy my own laptop http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The forecasts seem to be stuck at the update of 10:45 this morning. The charts are all updating fine but its not updating the 14 day forecasts.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Just logged on for the first time today, and for some reason, i'm getting all sorts of security requests pop up.

For example, something along the lines of Do I wish to send information that others may be able to see over a non-secure connection - when posting a PM.

Another one popped up a second ago too.

Never had it before :D :confused:

Edited by Shiny_Bottom_1

Posted

I'm assuming you have recently updated IE?

If so, it's just a standard message it shows when you're not on a secure (https) connection and you're posting something to a site - eg a post or a pm on here. There's an option on the box that you can tick so it doesn't keep showing it.

Posted

Yep. Ticked the box. Thanks, as I was wondering why it didnt come up again :D

Who ever said computers were stupid were wrong....its laptops that have a mind of their own.

Not sure if IE has updated, as I havent done it.

Maybe it might be easier to buy my own laptop. At least then I can spam, I mean, open new topics.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Just a general enquiry, as I am a nosy old so-and-so.......whilst looking at the number of "views" of threads in the General Autumn Discussion section, I noticed that the numbers were very high. Is the site growing apace? Is the membership growing? Is the site becoming more widely known? Is it becoming famous? :)

As I said....just being nosy/interested. http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

The Lloyds TSB advert that runs intermittently at the top of the pages does rather divert your attention. Put it this way, it's just as well he's holding a ping-pong bat! :D

Posted

The Lloyds TSB advert that runs intermittently at the top of the pages does rather divert your attention. Put it this way, it's just as well he's holding a ping-pong bat! http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

Who did that with his eyebrows! :D

Posted

The number of posts I am showing sometimes seems to get stuck. I posted several today and its still showing 636. Its happened on previous days as well!

Edit this one takes it to 637 lol

Edited by Kentish Man

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

I've seen the URL below posted on another site. It's an interesting chart and I'd like to determine the data distribution and standard deviation using the raw data. As you can see, it would take some time to do so.

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?a...st&id=70361

I suspect it's a compilation of calculations found at:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/research/records...

As yet, I've been unable to locate the raw data. Although I could use a sampling technique on the chart, I'd rather retain my sanity and, at the same time, obtain the actual sigma instead of an estimate. Can anyone here tell me (1) the original source of the chart, and (2) whether the raw data is accessible somewhere in tabular form?,

Muchas gracias.

Posted

Probably a request you've had a thousand times, but can you advise how to post images from my e mail to a thread?

Blitzen.

Posted

If you save the picture that is in your email onto your computer , say into 'my documents' then you should just be able to click the browse button when you are composing your post, upload it and then click manage attachments ... failing that save it and upload it to something like photobucket and copy and paste image link.

Hopefully that helps

Posted

Thanks for that Louby.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Just wondering if i could possibly get a name change? Getting sick of the one i have now, can someone tell me if this can be done, Thanks

SS