Need Help On The Site/forum?

Hi Paul

in response to the latest news letter = while i love the site to bits there is one thing that stops me using the GFS and other charts in the data centre, there are no ways to animate or step frame forward or backward, so instead you have to press the individual hour codes and doesn't give a nice flow to watch weather systems develop.

but this is my only gripe.

Cheers

Rob

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a rather daft and not very nice comment about a member who posted a good deal of useful info into the site, re volcanoes and also the weather in Shetland. give him my regards please?

was getting a hard time off people with his volcano thread. wasn't appreciated enough for the hard work he put into the forum.

Not the best place to add this i know paul, but i would just like to say i think this new thread in the model area is going to be great and help those who want to know what's going on fast 9if like me

Posted Images

Is there any future plans to add a remember me option onto the netweather xtra username and password login. As it is rather annoying having to log in all the time, even more so as it is a different user name and password to my forum login. To be able to have a quick link to your radar on my favourates would be very useful, as I find my self using other radars just to save time.

Regards

Chris

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

I think we've had one or two with this issue, there seems to be some sort of issue with a recent windows update clashing with some of the javascript or something along those lines, but it's not affecting many people at all.

I'm guessing you're using IE7, in which case, best thing to do is to use windows restore to take you to the last windows update and then to visit the windows update site and download it again. seems to fix the problem..

how come my picture never comes up when others do the picture under your name

saint ;)

Hi saint if you have you have gone to my contols /avatar settings/browse and then located your picture

double clicked the picture and selected update Avatar it should work.

If not I suspect your picture maybe too large and needs resizing. If it still dosen't work make sure your Image is saved

as a PNG or JPEG etc as some files such as Bitmap won't be accepted.

Also in some cases you need to refresh your browser for it to show.

I think I'm right anyway :doh:

Brian

Edited by grab my graupels

Hi saint if you have you have gone to my contols /avatar settings/browse and then located your picture

double clicked the picture and selected update Avatar it should work.

If not I suspect your picture maybe too large and needs resizing. If it still dosen't work make sure your Image is saved

as a PNG or JPEG etc as some files such as Bitmap won't be accepted.

Also in some cases you need to refresh your browser for it to show.

I think I'm right anyway http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Brian

thanks, your were right suprisingly :D

saint :)

I maybe going mad http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif , however up until this morning I could return to a thread through the latest option and it would take me to the last post I read. Today both at home and at work it always takes me to the very first post of the thread.

I presume something is stored somewhere to remember this information.

Help

Chris

I maybe going mad http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif , however up until this morning I could return to a thread through the latest option and it would take me to the last post I read. Today both at home and at work it always takes me to the very first post of the thread.

I presume something is stored somewhere to remember this information.

Help

Chris

You got your cookies enabled Chris?

We've done an upgrade this morning but that system is still working, so I think the best bet is for you to remove cookies, do a hard refresh (ctrl+f5) and perhaps also mark all the posts as read (option at the bottom of the forum homepage), that should sort it.

where is the spell check i can never find it and people keep saying about my spelling so please could someone help

saint http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

When you reply to someone message you will see loads of icons above the message box. Try and spot the icon with ABC and a tick(its on the right hand side - you should see it) click that and i think you download it because when i click on it, it says its not detected and you should download it if you want to use it.

Paul or one of the mods probably can explain it better than me though.

Hi guys. I've completely lost usability of the forum. I always had a red/orange mark next to the threads so that I could go back to threads that I was interested in & read new posts. I know it was mentioned earlier & I deleted the cookies & marked all posts as read, as recommended, but it's still the same.

I'm probably doing something wrong.

Any help please?

Dave

Have you tried removing all cookies from your browser? New posts etc are working fine for me.

In fact, there was a bug in the latest release which was reported to be causing a problem similar to what you're describing intermittently, I've applied a patch which should sort it, so have another go at marking all posts as read and go from there. Hopefully it'll be ok, if not please let me know!

Looking at this, there is still a bug when you click the 'mark all posts as read' link at the bottom of the index page, which I'd hope we'll get a fix for next week.

It will mark a topic as read once you've been into it now though, and if you want to mark a whole forum as read you can do by clicking options at the top of that forum area and selecting 'mark forum as read'. I've checked this and it's definitely working.