Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Hi SM, yes more skins will be available soon - within the next week or so :shok:

Isn't it bad luck to take down the Christmas decorations before 12th night (ie January 5), Paul? :shok:

Seriously, the site has been running very slowly for me over the last two or three days. It seems to take ages to load pages. I have never had that before, and do not have problems with any other sites. Is NW becoming a victim of its own popularity?

Haven't seen any problems on the server at all to be honest - and no one else is reporting speed issues. There may be a routing problem from your isp to our server - have you tried re-booting your modem?

Hi SM, yes more skins will be available soon - within the next week or so :shok:

awesome! looking forward to it

Happy New Year

I am having trouble accessing any links to images and files in the learning centre, so far I have been trying to follow John Holmes variuos instructional posts but each time I click a link it says I do not have permission to view the file and need to log in, needless to say, I am logged in!

So, have I missed something or is there broken links, or some other problem?

Cheers! :shok:

Yep, I see what you mean there - I'll have a look into what may be wrong and come back to you :doh:

Should be fixed now :shok:

Hi Paul, HNY

I have a query about the settings on 'my' home page.

If I set up 'my' local reports to the 4 closest airports, and then go to set 'my' quick forecast, I didn't seem to get put onto a 'setup' page, rather to the 7-day forecast page. It did however seem to set that on 'my' home page though.

The strange thing is if I go to the 7-day forecasts page to look at other places if I'm planning a trip or seeing what other places are going to get, each forecast obtained upsets that saved on 'my homepage' quick forecast.

any ideas ?

Hi Verglas, that's working as intended at the moment. Whenever you change the location of the forecast it will remember it and display it both on the homepage and when you go to the forecasts themselves. :unknw:

The 12z seems to have gone a bit awry. am looking into it now ;)

Lol funnily enough it was the NOAA - just spoke to them and they did something slightly differently with the 12z files on their server, which made things go a bit wrong! Should be fixed for the 18z though.

Hi Verglas, that's working as intended at the moment. Whenever you change the location of the forecast it will remember it and display it both on the homepage and when you go to the forecasts themselves. :)

Aha ! a 'design feature' :)

ok :)

hi guys and girls dont know if it is summit i have done but when browsing pages i cant see who else is, you know normally there is a box at the bottom with everyones names in. x :hi:

hi guys and girls dont know if it is summit i have done but when browsing pages i cant see who else is, you know normally there is a box at the bottom with everyones names in. x :hi:

It's ok, the list of names has been removed to help the server when the site is busier. I'm sure Paul can explain in more technical detail, but it's nothing to worry about :) .

Lol no, it's just to save a bit on the server - we've been having huge amounts of traffic on the site over the past couple of days, so we've taken those features off for now. We also did it last year during busy times.

Will post an announcement about this when it's confirmed but it's very likely there will be upto 30 mins of downtime during tomorrow or at the weekend (probably overnight hopefully) as we're likely to be upgrading the processor in this server.

hee hee thank u guys, i do remember it last year now!!

And i see you dont change Mondy!! Cheeky begger.

Mandy x :hi::):)

just tried to quote Mammatus post but instead it looks like i have deleted it, but all i pressed was the quote button :hi:

just tried to quote Mammatus post but instead it looks like i have deleted it, but all i pressed was the quote button :hi:

he properly deleted his own post why you was replying, you cannot delete somebodys post

Looking at the logs, you're absolutely right :hi:

Looking at the logs, you're absolutely right :)

Phew :hi:

Had me worried there for a minute, thought i had been buggering things up.

Hi Paul / anyone alse who knows.

How come I can not see the number of / names of users at the bottom of the forum pages? This seems to coincide with the forum getting busier!

Thanks

Dave