Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Paul

Need Help On The Site/forum?

A quick question. On the Euro Snow depth charts do they show acumulative depths taking in to account melt due to forecast temperatures?

ta

Edited by Red Raven

Hi Yep, I believe so - but I must admit the GFS snowdepths are a bit odd at times, so we try to adjust it to make it more realistic.

I can't add attachments in Opera browser since the forum upgrade - the 'Choose' button does nothing at all. Some sort of compatibility issue?

Just tested in Opera 9.01 and it's working fine for me. What version are you using there? May be worth clearing cache and temp internet files and seeing if that helps?

Now on version 9.10 build 8670. Just upgraded it from last beta build and this has fixed it - must have been a bug in their last build. All ok now!

Cheers

Ah cool, no problem!

I can't add attachments in Opera browser since the forum upgrade - the 'Choose' button does nothing at all. Some sort of compatibility issue?

Definitely an issue in FireFox. I don't see the option to add an attachment at all. Also, the boxes next to Insert Special Item are completely blank.

Definitely no general issues with Firefox! You need to remove temp cookies and internet files and it should fix it.

It's closed for refurbishment at the moment SS. Re-opening shortly after the painters have left :)

Is anyone else disappointed with IE7 ?

I upgraded from 6 due to it not displaying the upgraded forum properly, but in IE7 you can't save favorites to be available off-line, (there's a few useful things liek scaling the image size which enables you to see the british Isles on the Meto chart at the same time as having the 'hours' buttons still on screen)

I usually let all the bugs get ironed out before upgrading, but think I jumped too soon on this one :nonono:

Edited by Verglas

Is there a problem with the nw gfs charts. Im only getting some of them up, most have the broken image icon.

Is that same reason why the radar has stopped working? Stuck at 2100 (and yes I know there's no precip for it to show! :) )

It's a separate issue matey - but it's being looked into :)

Cheers Chris, it was because i restarted the database server.

last sentence of the last but one paragraph of http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...=winthist;sess= needs removing or editing perhaps?

I'm pretty sure NWextra users will be able to look that up by now - what we really want to know is what the 06-07 winter will hold in store. http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Edit:...looks like this one is the same.

Still no change on this Paul. My guess is either you've been busy (likely), or it's down to sever caching (unlikely, but somewhere near plausible :) )

First of all sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. On the present skin I don't seem to have a button that allows you to go straight to the top of the thread.

Maybe I need to change my settings although this was there when I was using the Christmas skin until it was removed.

thanks

Chris

Hi Chris, it's certainly there - its on the far left bottom left of each post within a thread (under the posters profile info). If it's not there for you - try hitting ctrl+f5 a couple of times and let me know if that works :shok:

Sorry Paul, I have been looking to the right of the screen and there it is on the left. Maybe I need tp book an appointment for an eye test. :shok:

Happy New Year

Lol no problem, happy new year to you also :shok:

Hi Paul

Just wondering if an alternate skin like we had pre-upgrade will be available this year? I've been using the Xmas skin but now thats gone I find it really really hard to get used to the blue one.