Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Paul

Need Help On The Site/forum?

I think you may need to scan for spyware/viruses - it's almost certain to be something on your pc I'm afraid.

Having just once more opted to break the tabling in one of my posts with an oversized image (I'm so glad it doesn't affect the whole thread!), I just though of something.

On some forums I've been on in the past, when posting an image over a particular size, instead of breaking the tables to display it, it displays the image in the post with horizontal and vertical scrollbars.

When dealing with images where you need to post it full size to see the detail, but only wish to concentrate on a particular area, this could be a very useful and far tidier way for the board to display hotlinked images over a certain size.

Would it be possible to implement this in vB?

Hi Paul,

any chance of having a surf forecast section on here to cater for our surfing friends? I always plug your site to my friends, family and work colleagues as the best place to get an accurate forecast. I was doing this to a new acquaintance (surfer) last week and it suddenly dawned on me that this may be a useful addition to this site.

I wouldn't see this as too much additional work as the 7/16 forecast is perfect and I would envisage there being a few extra columns.

Let me know what you think? PM if you would like me to go into more detail

regards

Ian

There are some surf details on the Stormsurf Site which you can llok at.

Surf height

At the moment we do not have any written surf forcasts or links into the surf models like

the NOAA Wavewatch III wave model. Perhaps Paul might know whether this is on the cards for the future.

we have nww3 in extra - showing world/uk wind and wave heights

Is that in the custom charts?

I think we need a explanation key for those GRIB file names.

It's not in the custom charts no - although yes an improved explanation of the various options is in the to do pile.

The nww3 stuff is in its own section.

try a prog called photo resize magic 1.0 its freeware and does the job for me

I know images can be resized and uploaded, I use photoshop to do it sometimes, but that doesn't alter the size of images hotlinked with the %7Boption%7D tag. Such images are whatever size they are wherever they are stored, and sometimes they need to be that size in order to see the detail on them. TC images can be a case in point, where as much detail as possible is usually better for seeing what's going on.

Just reporting a possible problem.

I've gone:

Data Centre > Weather Now > East Midlands (on selection tab) > Go

I then got the following message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Seems to happen with the other few I tried.

Hi guys not been around for a while as have been busy getting divorced, moving 87 miles up the road etc etc.........

I need some adice for another forum I regularly use....there's a lot of in fighting and trouble makers wanting to be moderators....... this is something we don't want to happen.. at all costs

Can you tell me HOW you choose/nominate moderators???

Do they put their names forward?/ or are they hand picked, does it go out to vote etc etc....

What kind of people would you choose and why....qualities/ saneness (excluding OOn of course hehe).

Any hints or a link ot something I can pm to the admin of club 80-90 would be really gratefully received..

Thnaks guys and the site is looking fantstic and as always running smoothly........

Torz Cooper

Hi guys not been around for a while as have been busy getting divorced, moving 87 miles up the road etc etc.........

I need some adice for another forum I regularly use....there's a lot of in fighting and trouble makers wanting to be moderators....... this is something we don't want to happen.. at all costs

Can you tell me HOW you choose/nominate moderators???

Do they put their names forward?/ or are they hand picked, does it go out to vote etc etc....

What kind of people would you choose and why....qualities/ saneness (excluding OOn of course hehe).

Any hints or a link ot something I can pm to the admin of club 80-90 would be really gratefully received..

Thnaks guys and the site is looking fantstic and as always running smoothly........

Torz Cooper

I would pick the people that are going out the way to help the forum, people who are active.

this is probably one for oon, but i'll stick it in here anyway...

there was a lot of rain in many parts yesterday, so i thought i'd have a look at member's weather station websites. i quickly gave up. 'page does not exist', 'you are not authorised', or just data not summarised, not present, meaningless, unreadably small font... maybe some occasional checking of these sites might be in order, perhaps from different browser configurations.

Can't argue with Wibs (mainly because she's a woman so there's no point).

I see what you mean Hairy. It comes down to time, but I think an overhaul is called for because the map is complicated to sort out, and half he people on there aren't really members any more and it's a lot of hassle to edit if needed.

I'll take a look when I get a moment, so perhaps pop back in 2012. In the meantime, the most informative site works...and that's mine.

Can't argue with Wibs (mainly because she's a woman so there's no point).

I see what you mean Hairy. It comes down to time, but I think an overhaul is called for because the map is complicated to sort out, and half he people on there aren't really members any more and it's a lot of hassle to edit if needed.

I'll take a look when I get a moment, so perhaps pop back in 2012. In the meantime, the most informative site works...and that's mine.

won't hold my breath then. it must involve a lot more work than it seems. i suppose.

Only because of the stupid way I've done it...it's some code overlaid on a jpeg of the map which you need to open in the right way, and then save in the right way and then upload.

There must be a better way.

Hi Dave, let me know what you want it changed to and I'll do it for you.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Dave, let me know what you want it changed to and I'll do it for you.

Cheers

Paul

Please can you change to:

Theresnoway

Thanks

Dave

Thanks Paul.

Much appreciated!

Dave

Edited by dave4997

This any use to you OON??...

post-1669-1158325275.jpg

Can you really see me sitting there twiddling my knobs all day for your benefit all day long?

Could someone please explain what vertical velocity and relative vorticity means please , ive been looking at these charts for some time on NW Extra and its baffling me to understand them ..

cna someone please help

nigel

Hi Nigel - I'm going to copy this post into the learning area as you are likely to get more discussion from it there. I'd be a little patient though as many of us are a little pre-occupied with Ex hurricane Gordon at the moment http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons//ohmy.gif

Can you really see me sitting there twiddling my knobs all day for your benefit all day long?

Nope.. you have no webcam as yet and i'm not even going to try and use my imagination..........

You have more than 1?????????.. Is this something to do with Sellafield or radioactive sheep?????