Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Paul

Need Help On The Site/forum?

HI, yes, just doing some further upgrade work :D

thanks paul i thought it was my PC yet again hot weather and pc's dont mix well just got an extra 6 fans for it today thats 11 fans in there now

Guest Mr_S

Forecasts are down

The error has been logged and will be investigated.

sql: -- DBI connect('database=db137762513;host=localhost;port=3306','dbo137762513',...) failed: Access denied for user 'dbo137762513'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /var/www/html/subs/subs.pl line 1018

Also, clicking forum link on homepage (or from broken sql db errorpage) doesnt link correctly

(not that ya's dont know anyways but just incase)

Forecasts are down

The error has been logged and will be investigated.

sql: -- DBI connect('database=db137762513;host=localhost;port=3306','dbo137762513',...) failed: Access denied for user 'dbo137762513'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /var/www/html/subs/subs.pl line 1018

Also, clicking forum link on homepage (or from broken sql db errorpage) doesnt link correctly

(not that ya's dont know anyways but just incase)

seems the upgrade work is still being done mr s

Guest Mr_S

Seems so.. posted incase done and a new error or 2 appeared

Forecasts are up and running again :D

Ensembles seem a bit gobbledeegook this morning. They seem to have gone into rave mode...look pretty, but cant make any sense of them :)

Hi,

where can I find the Net-Weather temp tracker? I seem to be a little bit blind today :)

Ian

:( Help. Been looking netwide for historic data on sunshine hours in Portsmouth/Southsea for ages now, and can't find anything more recent than the Met's archive data to 1975 or so; can't find anywhere which shows July sunshine hours to date. I'm interested, because I think there could be records broken. TY :(

:( Help. Been looking netwide for historic data on sunshine hours in Portsmouth/Southsea for ages now, and can't find anything more recent than the Met's archive data to 1975 or so; can't find anywhere which shows July sunshine hours to date. I'm interested, because I think there could be records broken. TY :(

Mr Data may be able to point you in the right direction.

Why does a Security Alert appear whenever I click on 'Basic Radar'?

This is what appears:

"Information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed or changed by others. However, there is a problem with the site's security certificate."

"! The security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust. View the certificate to

determine whether you want to trust the certifying authority."

"! The security certificate has expired or is not yet valid."

"The security certificate has a valid name matching the name of the page you are trying to view."

When I click on "View Certificate", this appears:

"This certificate cannot be verified up to a trusted certification authority."

It seems to happen on every computer I have used in the last several months.

Edited by Thundersquall

It's because the site containing the basic radar is showing it on a secure page, always has.

Just found this on Reuters; thought some might enjoy it; where, if anywhere, do you think it would 'fit'? Don't titter.

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The people of Kerala in India's southwest are famed for turning fish into spicy feasts fit for gods, but last week the heavens turned provider as fish rained down on the village of Manna, a newspaper reported on Monday.

When the clouds broke last Thursday, villagers said they saw small, pencil-thin live fish falling from the sky.

"Initially no one noticed it. But soon, we saw some slushy objects on the ground and noticed some slight movement," Abubaker, a local shop owner, was quoted as saying in the Hindustan Times.

"I alone collected 30 ice-cold fish of which many died," said the resident of Manna, 20 km (12 miles) from Kannur, in the north of the state.

Locals said the fish looked like parals, a common freshwater fish found in lakes and rivers.

Similar reports of objects falling from the sky -- including frogs and tomatoes -- have been put down to spiralling whirlwinds or waterspouts which suck them up from land or water. They fall back to earth once the wind speed drops and can no longer support them.

The cafe is the place for that sort of thing :whistling:

glad to see the sat imagery is back up. that was greatly missed!

Please could the "ECMWF Chart Viewer" on "DataCentre" be updated,

as it's currently showing 23rd & 24th July?

Many thanks,

Thundersquall.

I don't know if I'm right in posting this here but I can't upload my recent photographic efforts (I suspect the files are to big) so if anyone can give me a hint on how to 'downsize' my JPEG images I'd much appreciate it (as my Noctilucent,Cb and crepuscular shots may be appreciated!!)

Ta, Ian.

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Mr Tattums post, HERE keeps looping, and so his post keeps being posted.

Edit - Seems to be doing it for the last post in the thread.

Hi Paul,

any chance of having a surf forecast section on here to cater for our surfing friends? I always plug your site to my friends, family and work colleagues as the best place to get an accurate forecast. I was doing this to a new acquaintance (surfer) last week and it suddenly dawned on me that this may be a useful addition to this site.

I wouldn't see this as too much additional work as the 7/16 forecast is perfect and I would envisage there being a few extra columns.

Let me know what you think? PM if you would like me to go into more detail

regards

Ian

Just to let you know that in all areas of the forum I get this little purply coloured box that appears in the centre of the screen. I can just make out some white text inside the box '...weather forecasts data and...'. This shows up slightly better on a white screen and is always in the centre even when I scroll up and down (sure there's a technical name for this!). Not sure anyone knows what it is?! Perhaps a netweather ghost :) or perhaps just my computer.

Edited by xxsnowflakexx