Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

When is the Xmas forum skin coming down? I've grown attached to it in the last couple of weeks. http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

On 12th night I think I saw a few days ago. That's this Friday. I like it too, but then again I like the normal light blue background too.

Posted

Paul, or any other mod who may be monitoring this - is the N-W Extra 15 minute radar down at the moment? Each time I try and access it all I get is white space. Now, while I'd love to think it indicates we are in for an imminent white-out across the country, I have a feeling it just means that the radar is out of action. :cold:

In case it is just my system, what I am getting is a small box in the top left with a red X and no radar image at all, no matter if I try the normal or precipitation options and whether I click on the static or animated buttons. When I click on the place names button it brings those up, but on a blank background. So I guess it means it isn't my system.

Over to you...

Posted

do you have norton installed?

if so go to the extra homepage and there's special instructions for a special program

Posted

HI Blackie - my guess is that you have norton internet security or personal firewall - in which case it's because of some extra security we have put on there.

If you go to the net-weather extra homepage there is a link there which gives instructions on what you need to do to be able to view it again, which will hopefully sort you out :cold:

Any more problems, or if you're not using norton, please let me know!

Posted

HI Blackie - my guess is that you have norton internet security or personal firewall - in which case it's because of some extra security we have put on there.

If you go to the net-weather extra homepage there is a link there which gives instructions on what you need to do to be able to view it again, which will hopefully sort you out :)

Any more problems, or if you're not using norton, please let me know!

Thanks Paul, and Karl - sorted now http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

And it has just started snowing, well a light shower of graupel. So I can track it once more on the radar :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

ok, how come some of the 'team' are red instead of blue now? while others are still blue? im just being a nosey git.lol

Posted

Hi all,

Just tried to post a chart which I'd saved on my pc. I use MSN groups to host my pics on the web, but when I tird to add my post it said "sorry, dynamic pages in the %7Boption%7D tags is not allowed".

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Smich

Posted

You need to save it to real webspace - it sounds like msn use some sort of a different system to store images. Just upload the chart to your post. :(

Posted

You need to save it to real webspace - it sounds like msn use some sort of a different system to store images. Just upload the chart to your post. :(

Hi Paul, thanks for replying. If it was a current chart I would and have done. Problem is, this is a saved chart (I've been following the 06z and comparing for trends) so it's on my hard drive. I think to need to find a more net-weather-friendly web picture host?

Smich

Posted

You can upload pictures to the forum from your hard drive - just click the browser button on the posting screen to locate the file, then click add this attachment, then add into post at the point you want it to go in. :(

Posted

Oh! I thought pics had to be on the web somewhere...

:)

Thanks Paul - I really must try to keep up with modern technology!

Smich

Posted

Hi Paul,

I asked about this last week, but it's happening more regularly now. I'm using Firefox, and when I first come on to the site I normally just click on the view new posts button. This either dosen't work and I get the no new posts message or when I do get on I only get the new posts that have been put on in the last few minutes and I can't see anything beyond that. Any ideas?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Hello,

I was just wondering if there were any plans for different skins. I loved the Xmas one, obviously no good now but the red was very nice. Even just the current style with options of red, green etc. would be good.

Just a thought :)

Mark.

Posted

Yep, there are plans for that - the xmas skin will be back soon but without the xmas decs!

Hi Paul,

I asked about this last week, but it's happening more regularly now. I'm using Firefox, and when I first come on to the site I normally just click on the view new posts button. This either dosen't work and I get the no new posts message or when I do get on I only get the new posts that have been put on in the last few minutes and I can't see anything beyond that. Any ideas?

The only thing I can suggest is to try deleting your cookies - I'm using firefox and it's all fine for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Yep, there are plans for that - the xmas skin will be back soon but without the xmas decs!

Perfect, this place gets better and better :)http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif