Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Need Help On The Site/forum?

:( I see according to the calender on NW that Christmas is coming a day early this year ?? :)

Now Christmas Day is on the 25th but Christmas eve is on the 23rd-- cool--- :(

I can't seem to reply to the "we're all going to die thread"in Space and Science, but can everywhere else on the site.

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what it says when i reply? :)

Seems fine to me, have another go!

All fine now. That was weird. Like it was "stuck" or something. Every other thread was "open", but not that one..all fine now :)

Not sure of where to post this:

If I enter my postcode in the NW-Extra forecast it gives a completely different forecast for 9-16 days ahead than entering the village where I live (Kilmacolm). Like, seriously different. Which option is the most accurate??

cmd - can you pm me your postcode and i'll check it out for you

ta

Evening Chaps.

Recently bought a new pc. On my old one i had a favourites page that showed the METO synoptic charts up until T+132. Now i cant find where i got them from. Can anyone post a link for me please so i can again add them to my favourites?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but had a look through and couldnt find any where else more appropriatte.

Many thanks

Pab

hi i have tried at all diffo times of the day to view the precip type but can only view it on first no (being 6) i can not open any other times there is just a box with a red x in it. Please help i love these charts.

Mandy x

try ctrl + f5 or use the refresh button on the viewer - working fine here

try ctrl + f5 or use the refresh button on the viewer - working fine here

nope karl it's still doing it could it be something on my pc i was able to view them last week plz help ta xxx :D

Hi Amanda.

Somebody asked about this yesterday.

When viewing the ppn or any other chart on the GFS viewer, this will only work if the GFS has completed its current run in that time frame.

For example, at 18.30, you should be able to see all of the ppn charts, as the 12z run has been completed (and the 18z has not started).

However, when the 18z starts at approx 21.30, you will only be able to see upto the time frame that this run has completed up to. So, for example, at 22.00, you will probably only be able to see upto T+42 of the 18z. After this, because the run (i.e. 18z) has not processed, there is no data. Therefore you will end up with a blank box, with a red cross in the corner.

Well, that was my understanding of it, and seems to work.

Perhaps there is a way of keeping the previous data/charts in, once a new run has started, until the new run has caught up?

Amanda - I've just had a look now, and I can view all the ppn charts. Have a look now, and see if its working (as the 12z run has completed, but the 18z hasnt started yet).

Edited by SnowmanReturns

Nope still cant i did read that also yesterday, so waited till now. But i still can only view the first chart on run, click on any other no on precip type and i get the box. I have tried to refresh and f5 but nope dont work!! all others work!! please could some one help it must be something to do with my pc

mandy.xx :D

Hi

Yep if I click on ppn type I only get the one chart too, click on any box - nothing

:D

In fact I get "H500" text entry

Edited by hot and cold

hmm - odd working fine for me in IE and firefox - can you try clearing your cache

in IE - tools - internet options - delete files

firefox - tools - options - privacy - clear cache

:D

Hi Karl

Cleared cache, have Firefox, I am afraid there's no difference. When I first click "ppn type" I get a chart but then clicking on any box including "6" I get the "H500" text only appear.

Cheers

Yep - same for me. I've deleted file, done the F5 thing. Then went to the WZ Charts - ppn type and can only view the first one. Get a little grey box with a red cross in it - 'H500'.

Been like this since Saturday at least.

i'm maybe thinking of the wrong thing here

which page is problematic?

Data Centre

Charts from WZ

GFS

Ppn type

What is weird is if you look at a random chart of any other type on the GFS - say +132 850hpa chart, and then click on precipitation type - that chart will appear. But none of the others will - you get that damn little grey box again!

You're a star Mr K :D