Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Paul

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Hi hemlock, refreshing my browser worked and I now have a new avatar, why didn't I think of that, thank you.

S2

A simple question - I hope!

Where do we post monthly weather summaries?

Found it!! :D

Wasn't open when I asked.

My monthly summary duly posted. :)

When adding an attachment to a post I managed to get a heading along with it.

Any ideas how I get rid of this in future postings?

S2

Hi SS2, I'm not sure what you mean by that, could you point me to the attachment you have posted or explain a little more please :)

Hi SS2, I'm not sure what you mean by that, could you point me to the attachment you have posted or explain a little more please :)

Sorry Paul, here is the image I posted, note the heading above image.

post-1185-1133449505_thumb.gif

Edited by sandstorm2

To not have a heading you would need to link it from webspace (you can upload it to your gallery and then link to it from there), all attachments have that heading :)

To not have a heading you would need to link it from webspace (you can upload it to your gallery and then link to it from there), all attachments have that heading :)

Thanks for your help, everything is clear now.

S2

Hi,

Just subscribed to the 15 Minute Radar, so a few early comments.

Shame about the need to log in. I've trained the family to use Met Office radar - it's only 1 click. Now I've got to persuade them to go through a few more hoops !

Have you considered Google Maps for your overlays ? They are designed for easy integration of maps and data. I don't know your or their limitations but they have an extensive API.

Regards

Derek

Have you considered Google Maps for your overlays ? They are designed for easy integration of maps and data. I don't know your or their limitations but they have an extensive API.

Regards

Derek

Talking about google maps, is there any way that GFS and other forecasting models could be displayed on a 3D map like google earth? That would make for fantastic possibilities when examining these models. Imagine being able to spin round to the pacific to see what the jet was up to, spinning round to the arctic, Canada and Russia to have a look at at any cold pooling, then coming back closer to home. IMO that would be an invaluable tool.

Or am I just being daft again? lol

Paul and the net weather team,i was wondering weather we could do a pinned topic for questions to steve murr to conicide with model tracker,i think if we did this as a pinned topic,this might reduce some off the clutter.

Guest Mr_S

Cheers paul! Big help http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif very much appreciated.. Ill have a look through the program tomorrow!

Edit: you considered somehow doing Steves model tracker thread on RSS??? That could be useful i think

Edited by Mr_S

I just like to say that im really enjoying this site as always,p.s bbc premoderating all posts at present this site is miles ahead this is a road will never go down.

Did NW crash earlier on (approx 10.00) or was it my machine?

I'm thinking it was NW as other sites were working ok, but maybe a cookies issue?