Need Help On The Site/forum?

On 23/01/2020 at 13:17, Paul_1978 said:

Thanks Paul - not that I know of. I use the forum on a work computer and also my personal iPhone, and I get the symptoms on both. 

I am still getting asked to accept Cookies pretty much everyday on both my work computer (Google Chrome) and my personal iphone (iOS 13 using Safari). I don't get this on any other website other than Netweather.

On another note, if a user has a really annoying animated gif as their avatar, can I stop the animation or is the only option to hide the user's posts?

Edited by Paul_1978
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a rather daft and not very nice comment about a member who posted a good deal of useful info into the site, re volcanoes and also the weather in Shetland. give him my regards please?

was getting a hard time off people with his volcano thread. wasn't appreciated enough for the hard work he put into the forum.

Not the best place to add this i know paul, but i would just like to say i think this new thread in the model area is going to be great and help those who want to know what's going on fast 9if like me

Posted Images

Your browser (extension?) is probably clearing the cookie after a set period of time. It happens to me every 10 days or so, and it's not just here, it happens on other sites for me too.

• Like 1
On 10/07/2020 at 15:32, Mapantz said:

Your browser (extension?) is probably clearing the cookie after a set period of time. It happens to me every 10 days or so, and it's not just here, it happens on other sites for me too.

Thanks, will keep my eye on it. I only ever notice it on Netweather. 

Any thoughts on the animated gif query?!

You would have to ignore them entirely I'm afraid. Or, perhaps a more community minded route could be to drop them a pm or sticky message to politely ask if they mind changing it, as you're finding it ditstracting?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd maybe clear the data/cache in safari or whichever browser you're using to see if that solves it. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I'd maybe clear the data/cache in safari or whichever browser you're using to see if that solves it. 

I’m using Safari Paul and that was the first thing I done (clean it) and it’s still the same, I’ve even downloaded chrome just to see and it’s made no difference, I remember this happened before and the only way it was resolved ( I had to wait for a fresh thread to start ) it’s just odd that it only happens in the model thread all the rest are fine ???

Edited by Dancerwithwings

I can only assume it's some sort of content blocker running on your device which is picking up a particular word or something within the model thread. It's fine on Safari from here, so hard to know exactly what's going on. This info may help?

Hi again Paul, 

Thanks for the link, Do you have the (direct link/http) to the new thread you started today as I’m going for the *URLS always allow section*  but in doing so I need the (http//www.example.com) 

🤞🤞🤞

42A5C4CA-3BA0-41A3-88D9-FFBD4E4720FC.png

27 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Hi again Paul, 

Thanks for the link, Do you have the (direct link/http) to the new thread you started today as I’m going for the *URLS always allow section*  but in doing so I need the (http//www.example.com) 

🤞🤞🤞

42A5C4CA-3BA0-41A3-88D9-FFBD4E4720FC.png

Is it this you want? 
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/94115-model-output-discussion-august-hot-spell-how-hot-how-long/

Thanks guys, no change, like you said Paul it must be a certain word, maybe in the link ? 

I use safari on my iPhone and that’s fine so I compared setting, both identical except the iPad isn’t having none of it.....one of life’s mysteries 🤪

Hi all, I'm having issues viewing any charts, radar & nw headline news articles.....throws up the following error message 

"

Oops....
Unfortunately the page you're trying to reach is no longer on the Netweather website. This doesn't mean the forecast or feature you're trying to find no longer exists, perhaps you have typed in the incorrect address or are using an old link or bookmark which has been changed.

All of the main areas on the site can be reached using the menu at the very top of this page, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please contact us and we will be glad to help".......tried multiple browsers and cache clearance

1 minute ago, A.J said:

Hi all, I'm having issues viewing any charts, radar & nw headline news articles.....throws up the following error message 

"

Oops....
Unfortunately the page you're trying to reach is no longer on the Netweather website. This doesn't mean the forecast or feature you're trying to find no longer exists, perhaps you have typed in the incorrect address or are using an old link or bookmark which has been changed.

All of the main areas on the site can be reached using the menu at the very top of this page, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please contact us and we will be glad to help".......tried multiple browsers and cache clearance

That's exactly what (ever since @Steve Murr asked me for a link) I've been seeing, whenever I want to see today's highest temps... Maybe some thunderflies have gotten inside the server...:oldgrin:

• 2 months later...

Is there an app for iPhone to access the community? On my android, I can access the community via the radar app and it knows who I am so I don't have to sign in each time. I'm trying out an iPhone and the radar app has no community option (it's usually up on the top right hand side on android), so I seem to have to do a search on Safari to get onto the forum, but I'm not signed in. Is that the right way to do it?

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone tell how I get rid of that horrible info-bar from the bottom of my page, please? I tried using the bog-roll icon, but all that does is let me opt for 'Dark Mode' --- which I can't stand...😭

2 hours ago, General Cluster said:

Can someone tell how I get rid of that horrible info-bar from the bottom of my page, please? I tried using the bog-roll icon, but all that does is let me opt for 'Dark Mode' --- which I can't stand...😭

From the lack of any response, I take it that the Smartphone Mafiya has finally taken control of netweather??🤑

If you click the switch icon near the top right, there's an option to remove the mobile info bar.

screenshot-www.netweather.tv-2020.11.18-19_30_27.jpg

screenshot-www.netweather.tv-2020.11.18-19_32_00.jpg