Need Help On The Site/forum?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a rather daft and not very nice comment about a member who posted a good deal of useful info into the site, re volcanoes and also the weather in Shetland. give him my regards please?

was getting a hard time off people with his volcano thread. wasn't appreciated enough for the hard work he put into the forum.

Not the best place to add this i know paul, but i would just like to say i think this new thread in the model area is going to be great and help those who want to know what's going on fast 9if like me

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I keep getting asked to accept Cookies every few days, even though I always click Accept. This happens on a variety of devices and platform, eg Google Chrome browser on Windows laptop, and also in Safari on iOS iPhone. Any ideas? Surely it should only come up once.

Theres one issue that really gets on my nerves atm and thats the inconsistencies of attached pictures mainly in the model output discussion.

Some images open in a new page at nwstatic so pressing back gets out of them but some pop up in a frame and the x isnt often noticed so i hit back and get dumped back at the topics page and have to find where I was up to again.

Is it possible to have the back button just close the popup?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 24/12/2019 at 12:07, Paul_1978 said:

I keep getting asked to accept Cookies every few days, even though I always click Accept. This happens on a variety of devices and platform, eg Google Chrome browser on Windows laptop, and also in Safari on iOS iPhone. Any ideas? Surely it should only come up once.

This is still happening. Continually get asked to accept cookies. I always click Yes.

2 hours ago, Paul_1978 said:

This is still happening. Continually get asked to accept cookies. I always click Yes.

Are you clearing cookies regularly (maybe you have a program or app which does that)?

Otherwise, it's set to store your selection for a much longer period than that, and from what I've seen in normal use doesn't ask any near as frequently. 

20 hours ago, Paul said:

Are you clearing cookies regularly (maybe you have a program or app which does that)?

Otherwise, it's set to store your selection for a much longer period than that, and from what I've seen in normal use doesn't ask any near as frequently. 

Thanks Paul - not that I know of. I use the forum on a work computer and also my personal iPhone, and I get the symptoms on both. 

• 4 weeks later...

Lol, no not dodgy at all, just an animation of the radar uploaded to vimeo - the video player etc contains no ads etc at all. 

• 1 month later...

Hey, can someone tell me how to create albums and upload pics in them? Cheers.

Hi Zak, there are a few ways to do it, but the quickest is probably to go to the gallery, click the add image button, then either choose a category to upload to one of the pre-made albums, or choose members gallery and choose to make your own album from there. 

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/gallery/

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

There isn't a thread for it any more - but feel free to post into the lounge as that's what others have been doing. 

The NW radar app no longer works on my mobile phone. It won't open, just a split second then gone. I did uninstall and reinstall, did the phone on and off etc. When I open the radar app from the installation page it won't open, I see the UK map for a split second then it goes back to the open page and so on. It's a Huawei mobile. 

Edit, I can still access the forums from the Google bar. Usually I go into them via the radar app. 

Edited by Reefseeker

There's a bug in google maps at the moment which is affecting a lot of apps unfortunately, they should hopefully have it fixed asap. In the meantime, if you go into you app settings, find the netweather radar app and choose the option to remove app data, apparently that can solve the issue. 

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/154855417

21 minutes ago, Paul said:

There's a bug in google maps at the moment which is affecting a lot of apps unfortunately, they should hopefully have it fixed asap. In the meantime, if you go into you app settings, find the netweather radar app and choose the option to remove app data, apparently that can solve the issue. 

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/154855417

Thanks Paul, I'll give it a go.

• 1 month later...

I've noticed today when I use Netweather Extra on two devices it immediately logs out on one when viewing it on the other one. Has something changed or is this an issue?

It's the way it's always been if you're on a different network, it should be fine if you're on the same network and have the same ip though. 

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Paul said:

It's the way it's always been if you're on a different network, it should be fine if you're on the same network and have the same ip though. 

Ah that makes sense as I've just changed networks on one of them 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have an account for the forum that I havn't been able to log into for a while. I have tried password recovery and sent messages using the forum help page but not recieved anything. The account was registered with [email protected] (password recovery still says it has sent the message, but none recieved) and my username is JoeyG or JoeyG2003. I have an extra lite subscription with the above email address also.

Could you help me get back on? I guess I just need a recovery email to make it to my inbox!

Many thanks

Have you checked your spam folder for the recovery email - it's definitely sending to you ok?

On 30/06/2020 at 14:50, Paul said:

Have you checked your spam folder for the recovery email - it's definitely sending to you ok?

Yeah I did. I just emptied the junk folder and added [email protected] to safe senders list. Is that the address a recovery email would come from? Still nothing arriving, though it still says its sending fine..