Need Help On The Site/forum?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a rather daft and not very nice comment about a member who posted a good deal of useful info into the site, re volcanoes and also the weather in Shetland. give him my regards please?

was getting a hard time off people with his volcano thread. wasn't appreciated enough for the hard work he put into the forum.

Not the best place to add this i know paul, but i would just like to say i think this new thread in the model area is going to be great and help those who want to know what's going on fast 9if like me

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Paul said:

Sorry @Mapantz, I didn't see your original post. I'll ask Karl to take a look tomorrow, are the news notifications coming through ok?

Hi Paul.

Yes, news notifications work fine. It's weird, they just suddenly stopped.

Can you retrieve sticky notes as I had two overlapping each other and I didn't get to read one of them before they both vanished? Anyone send me a sticky note as i didn't see who one of them was lol

14 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Can you retrieve sticky notes as I had two overlapping each other and I didn't get to read one of them before they both vanished? Anyone send me a sticky note as i didn't see who one of them was lol

Just go to your sticky notes section in your content.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I've just noticed that we cannot visit profiles, it brings up the error 500.

Is there a particular profile doing that?

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

I think I see the issue, will hopefully fix shortly.

I think it's fixed. I cleared cookies and then couldn't log in at all. lol

I had this black bar on the screen saying the theme was out of date. ?

Yeah, that was me, trying to fix. Think the problem is still happening on the fixed width theme, you've probably been moved off of it automatically to the default. Will get it working again shortly. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yeah, that was me, trying to fix. Think the problem is still happening on the fixed width theme, you've probably been moved off of it automatically to the default. Will get it working again shortly. 

It looks much wider than normal, but it's quite nice as i'm using a 43" 4K display as my monitor now - lot's of space!

re the radar notifications.. i've got a new phone that has Android 8.1 now. I don't get automatic notifications. However, as soon as I go in to the settings, the notification comes through.

Must be something on the last page as it’s working now it’s on a new page. Still can’t load that page though and clearing cookies and cache didn’t work. 

Edited by matt111

Hi forum team, on behalf of @Ed Stone's status update, myself and no doubt a few others on here. Please would it be possible to have a function added to delete our own posts? Would be really good, but I understand if you have reasons not to implement, thanks for reading!

• Thanks 1

Yeah, that's possible, in fact I thought it was already switched on tbh. It should be now, so you should see an options bit next to edit on your posts, which has the option to hide the post if you like. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Johnp said:

I'm probably being thick, but can you remind me how to block a user?

I can't see an option for the life of me!

If you're on a computer hover your mouse over the persons name and click 'ignore user'

Untitled.thumb.png.134d2ee20e1397b8e903b129bcf08dc4.png

Tick the boxes of what you don't want to see and click update preferences 

Mobile or any other device tap the 3 lines top right, account, ignored users 

• Thanks 1