Need Help On The Site/forum?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a rather daft and not very nice comment about a member who posted a good deal of useful info into the site, re volcanoes and also the weather in Shetland. give him my regards please?

was getting a hard time off people with his volcano thread. wasn't appreciated enough for the hard work he put into the forum.

Not the best place to add this i know paul, but i would just like to say i think this new thread in the model area is going to be great and help those who want to know what's going on fast 9if like me

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

Can you explain further?

I haven't been able to post anywhere on the forum with firefox, ended up having to use chrome to get the 'reply to this topic' box to open

Just now, lassie23 said:

I haven't been able to post anywhere on the forum with firefox, ended up having to use chrome to get the 'reply to this topic' box to open

Hmm, I use FF and have no posting issues have you cleared the cache and cookies?

6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

yes i tried that, so not sure

One other option open FF with addon's disabled

Untitled.thumb.png.443b9d496ec1f9d331276d777400d499.png

Sometimes extensions can cause issues with the forum as I found myself once

1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

One other option open FF with addon's disabled

Untitled.thumb.png.443b9d496ec1f9d331276d777400d499.png

Sometimes extensions can cause issues with the forum as I found myself once

i have ad blocker, could that be it, but i also have it on chrome

I would like to post a video I have seen from a Facebook page. I add the Embed code/address (below ) by copying it, but only the address shows up like this when i try to post it. Whats the problem, how can I fix it? 

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fabcnews.au%2Fvideos%2F10158560527744988%2F&show_text=0&width=476" width="476" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe> 

Edited by Styx

Recently, copying and pasting links directly into the comment box doesn't work for me. They don't register as links, just as plain text - I have to use the link button to make them work as links.

Same for e.g. twitter tweet links. They don't automatically turn to embedded tweets any more. 

Image links are playing up too; I get thumbnails only when pasting in a link to an online image rather than the thumbnail which is linking to the actual big version.

Been like this for  a week or two. Seems to be just me as others are embedding tweets ok.

I tried some different browers and signing in / out etc, but couldn't solve it. Did I maybe press something on forum settings?

Anyone any ideas? Would be appreciated thanks.

45 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Recently, copying and pasting links directly into the comment box doesn't work for me. They don't register as links, just as plain text - I have to use the link button to make them work as links.

Same for e.g. twitter tweet links. They don't automatically turn to embedded tweets any more. 

Image links are playing up too; I get thumbnails only when pasting in a link to an online image rather than the thumbnail which is linking to the actual big version.

Been like this for  a week or two. Seems to be just me as others are embedding tweets ok.

I tried some different browers and signing in / out etc, but couldn't solve it. Did I maybe press something on forum settings?

Anyone any ideas? Would be appreciated thanks.

Sounds stupid but have you pressed the space bar straight after pasting the link?

9 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Sounds stupid but have you pressed the space bar straight after pasting the link?

That doesn't seem to have been the problem, but weirdly, the moment you responded to me, the problem went away. 

Thanks. ?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, mark4 said:

Can anyone help me, as I can not post in the serious discussion forum, everywhere else is fine?

How many posts have you made in other parts of the forum in the past month?