Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

@Paul

is there an edit function that you could add in the recent status updates section please

much appreciated.

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted

It's not something I can do I'm afraid, and as far as I'm aware the developers of the forum software don't have it in their roadmap, but I will ask the question!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
On 24/01/2017 at 14:21, Paul said:

It's not something I can do I'm afraid, and as far as I'm aware the developers of the forum software don't have it in their roadmap, but I will ask the question!

Thanks paul and sorry for the late reply,been busy

i and many on this forum would like this feature but if it's not possible then it won't matter that much

cheers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not a big problem but the image at the top keeps resetting to the Christmas one each time I go onto a new page or refresh the page.

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Hi, I've had an EX0 error code pop up a couple of time in the last few minutes when trying to load a page?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
8 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Hi, I've had an EX0 error code pop up a couple of time in the last few minutes when trying to load a page?

Same issue here, could be the amount of activity

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Essex Easterly said:

Same issue here, could be the amount of activity

I think it sorted, or at least its working again

Posted
On 27/01/2017 at 23:57, matt111 said:

Not a big problem but the image at the top keeps resetting to the Christmas one each time I go onto a new page or refresh the page.

This should be sorted now :) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Browsing this forum on a mobile device is a little messed up when clicking on the notification that pops up to alert you of new posts, until recently (think it was the last maintenance update) when I clicked on the notification the new posts would appear right below where I am on the page and I could continue viewing the new posts but now when I click on the notification after a few seconds I get thrown to the top of the page I'm viewing, few seconds later I'm then  thrown to the end of the page and depending on how many new posts there are I have to go back up the page hunting  to find the post I was on when I initially clicked the new post notification.

Hopefully this can be fixed as it's a right pain at times like the present when the model  thread is flowing quickly due to the incoming cold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I see there was another maintenance update this morning , the issue I mentioned in my post above isn't fixed though, just thought I'd mention that in case a patch was put in {in which case the patch hasn't worked) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Hi Paul, since the update, I'm having issues with the new post notification

Before I clicked it and the new post just appeared now when I click it the whole page refreshes

Is that meant to happen now or not?

Posted

That's the same question as a couple of posts above @Summer Sun. It's a bug in the software, we think. So hopefully it will be fixed soon.

@Smartie - the maintenance today was unrelated I'm afraid. There's no patch available yet. 

• Like 2

Posted

They've just released a patch to sort this, which we'll put in tomorrow morning. That will mean another brief maintenance period though..

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Just made a post in the Formula 1 thread, and I think the sites spellcheck/weather term function is getting in the way.

Trying to post (FI as in F and the digit 1, but as I submit a reply the "F and digit 1" automatically changes to the "FI" term

Using Windows 10 64bit and Chrome 

Edited by Essex Easterly.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
On 20/02/2017 at 19:25, Paul said:

Yep, good point - will get that changed :) 

Hi Paul, I'm getting the same issue as Essex Easterly FI isn't showing as intended

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sporadically getting bad gateway errors when loading pages this evening which could also be why it's sometimes been taking ages to post. 

Also a 525 error just now.

Edited by matt111

Posted

Hi Matt, thanks for reporting this. We've been monitoring a few errors and have just replaced the forum server to see if that solves it, so far it seems ok, but we'll be keeping an eye on it. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

Hi folks, I don't seem to be able to post in the 'serious discussion' section, although I can most everywhere else, is there any reason for this?  I'm only an occasional poster but wanted to reply to something posted about the election and found I couldn't.

Thanks

Mike

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

Hi folks, I don't seem to be able to post in the 'serious discussion' section, although I can most everywhere else, is there any reason for this?  I'm only an occasional poster but wanted to reply to something posted about the election and found I couldn't.

Thanks

Mike

You are not allowed to make more than 15 posts per 24 hours in that section now - maybe that's why?

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

Thanks

Mike

I see you have made 16 posts in total .... you should be able to post in the serious discussion after making 15 posts elsewhere on the forum. Caveat, there may be other restrictions running that I'm unaware of.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
2 minutes ago, Gael_Force said:

I see you have made 16 posts in total .... you should be able to post in the serious discussion after making 15 posts elsewhere on the forum. Caveat, there may be other restrictions running that I'm unaware of.

Thanks, that question being my 16th post seems to have solved the problem then, as if by magic I now seem to have permission.