Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've only just spotted the GFS hourly link.. great work! That's a handy tool to have in the belt.

The 18Z has a lot of data missing though..

Posted

Thanks, glad you like it. I think you were viewing it as it was loading the 18z, the hourly shots do come in a bit slower than the 3 hourly ones.

Posted

GFS data not loading here. Cleared cache and restarted browser but still the same. Any ideas? :)

All good now.  

Edited by weather09

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Hi,

last few days been getting Error 502 when trying to access areas such as the radar, and it happened today when I clicked on a status. Resolves itself quite fast, mind.

Posted

Sounds odd, it can happen very occasionally if you happen to click just as a server goes offline as they scale up and down, but shouldn't be frequent at all. Will look into that!

Posted

Thx Paul, I've been getting at least 2 occasions a day when it happens, just over the weekend. Yesterday it took 2 attempts to get the radar up (for me) 

Posted

I shall and thanks again .:)

Posted

How do I sign out of the community? I can't find a tab or box to do so. Maybe I am missing the obvious:)

Posted

On desktop, if you click your name at the top it's in the menu which pops out. On mobile/tab it's the top option on the main menu (top right). 

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Having trouble editing, especially with more complicated longer posts. When I click on edit I do get the edit screen, but when I am ready to save the edits, about half the time the site remains dormant and does not accept the edit (nothing happens on my screen). If I log out and come back in, my post is not edited, so it's not just a problem of seeing the edit.

Anyone else having this sort of problem? And what can be done about it?

Posted

I've not seen or heard of this issue as yet tbh. Which browser are you using there?

As a first port of call, it's the usual advice - clear your browser cookies and cache as that's the root of a lot of problems!

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Having trouble replying in a topic. There seems to be an old quote permanently there. Have tried logging out and in again and rebooting phone. Using Chrome and Android Marshmallow.

Seems OK in Firefox.

I think I saw a post by Daveshug complaining of the same issue.

Posted
56 minutes ago, Paul said:

The quote can be removed if you click the x top left of the quote box, and then press delete or backspace :)

I'm not using the quote function but an old quote from days ago always pops up as soon as I try and type in the reply box. Other threads are OK.

I've managed to replace the quote with a new one but I now can't delete that one.

Edited by kar999

Posted
8 minutes ago, kar999 said:

I'm not using the quote function but an old quote from days ago always pops up as soon as I try and type in the reply box. Other threads are OK.

I've managed to replace the quote with a new one but I now can't delete that one.

On the quote within the editor, mouse over (or tap if on phone/tab), and then when the + is showing press delete or backspace and the quote will be removed.

screenshot-www.netweather.tv 2016-06-30 21-12-59.png

Posted

I see the cross but backspace does nothing.

I seem to now have a quote in this thread that won't go away... as below!

I'm tempted to boot up my laptop but suspect it's an android marshmallow issue.

Posted

Once I've made the post the quote goes and it's clear. I don't want to post an erroneous quote unnecessarily .

Posted

On my laptop I can remove quotes with a right click of the mouse. I managed to clear it once off my phone when I got a cut option on the whole quote but struggling to replicate how I did it! 

Thanks for the help Paul.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Netweather as a whole incredibly slow this morning, but radar resolution is very poor across SW England this morning, just thought I'd let you guys know.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Looks like one or two people are having similar trouble to me (as posted earlier) with the quote function. see some posts on EU referendum thread. I've put the problem down to Android (possibly marshmallow) Chrome keyboard not having a effective right click mouse  substitute function.

I have to delete what text I can  but it still leaves a previously selected quote header in the post.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
2 minutes ago, kar999 said:

Looks like one or two people are having similar trouble to me (as posted earlier) with the quote function. see some posts on EU referendum thread. I've put the problem down to Android (possibly marshmallow) Chrome keyboard not having a effective right click mouse  substitute function.

I have to delete what text I can  but it still leaves a previously selected quote header in the post.

I've never needed to right click to delete a quote. I just simply click or tap the top grey bar of a quote box and then hit backspace/delete.