Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Need Help On The Site/forum?

When looking at the unread content, there is no link to select the page of posts. It is just taking you to the first post of the thread, that's daft as I then have to select the last page manually.

Edited by lettice
  • Like 1
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a rather daft and not very nice comment about a member who posted a good deal of useful info into the site, re volcanoes and also the weather in Shetland. give him my regards please?

was getting a hard time off people with his volcano thread. wasn't appreciated enough for the hard work he put into the forum.

Not the best place to add this i know paul, but i would just like to say i think this new thread in the model area is going to be great and help those who want to know what's going on fast 9if like me

Posted Images

If you click the dot or the star to the left it takes you to the last unread post, if you click the time to the right it takes you to that particular post.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Paul said:

If you click the dot or the star to the left it takes you to the last unread post, if you click the time to the right it takes you to that particular post.

Thanks,

Do not see any star, but see the time below now. Had it in a one line condensed mode, so undone that and see time below now. Will just have to remember each time to use that, Would be nice in settings if you could just make it default tp go there from title and not first post.

• Like 1

I'm trying to post a reply in the Mod thrad, but, unless I select an alternative post to quote, it sems to quote a post by "knocker" from a few days back (this is when I select Post Reply.  Can anyone offer any advice, please?

EDIT:  Please ignore - have solved it myself!

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
  • 3 weeks later...

The noise for a notification that there's been a new post on a thread is driving me nuts!!!!   How can I turn it off?   I go to my settings and there's a ticked box there which I can't seem to change at all.

Personally I would rather just refresh to see new comments.  That said, when I have started on one page, moved on through a couple of pages and then refreshed, I've noticed it takes me back to the page I started on!

I notice where a thread os over four pages long, there are options to go to the first four pages of the thread and the last page.  Would it not be better to have the option to go to the first pages or the last four pages of the thread?   For example.....if my last view of the model thread was when it showed 160 pages and the next time I visit it's 163 pages, I will probably want to pick up where I left off. But I can never imagine wanting to go to page 2 or 3 or 4 of it!

Greateful for all the work you guys do and forgive me for not looking through this thread to see if the answers i want already appear....but there are 132 pages to it as I post! :)

1 hour ago, Timmytour said:

The noise for a notification that there's been a new post on a thread is driving me nuts!!!!   How can I turn it off?   I go to my settings and there's a ticked box there which I can't seem to change at all.

Personally I would rather just refresh to see new comments.  That said, when I have started on one page, moved on through a couple of pages and then refreshed, I've noticed it takes me back to the page I started on!

I notice where a thread os over four pages long, there are options to go to the first four pages of the thread and the last page.  Would it not be better to have the option to go to the first pages or the last four pages of the thread?   For example.....if my last view of the model thread was when it showed 160 pages and the next time I visit it's 163 pages, I will probably want to pick up where I left off. But I can never imagine wanting to go to page 2 or 3 or 4 of it!

Greateful for all the work you guys do and forgive me for not looking through this thread to see if the answers i want already appear....but there are 132 pages to it as I post! :)

https://forum.netweather.tv/notifications/options/

Uncheck - Play a sound when I receive a notification

6 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

https://forum.netweather.tv/notifications/options/

Uncheck - Play a sound when I receive a notification

As mentioned.....I see the box....but I cannot change it!!!!!

Maybe being on a work laptop running IE9 doesn't help, but I'm generally finding things to be hard work.....I hear the noise and don't see any notifications....I "refresh" a couple of times and it looks like no one has posted.....and then another refresh and I find that several posts have gone up in the intervening 20 minutes!   The site just seems to be very inconsistent compared to how it used to be....for me anyway which I appreciate doesn't mean it's like that for everyone.

2 minutes ago, Timmytour said:

As mentioned.....I see the box....but I cannot change it!!!!!

Maybe being on a work laptop running IE9 doesn't help, but I'm generally finding things to be hard work.....I hear the noise and don't see any notifications....I "refresh" a couple of times and it looks like no one has posted.....and then another refresh and I find that several posts have gone up in the intervening 20 minutes!   The site just seems to be very inconsistent compared to how it used to be....for me anyway which I appreciate doesn't mean it's like that for everyone.

I've just tested it using the IE 11 rendering engine on Avant browser, and you're right! The box is there, but you can't do anything with it. It did the same with the login credentials too.
I guess you'll have to ditch IE?! :mellow:

Annoying bugs in the editor. Delete doesn't work although backspace does. You can't tab along a line.

Quite often you get new replies in this thread notification but when you post there isn't any so are these phantom posts or posts in another unrelated thread???

Hi guys,

Just letting you know that this account is being abandoned so won't be logged into again, feel free to delete it.

I made it 8 years ago and only posted about 4 times apparently so no big loss.

The joys of clearing out old email addresses...

Hi, a friend of mine is struggling to get into the forum. She's using Firefox and keeps getting told by the software that the forum is "unsafe". I am sure it's a setting at her end that's the problem, however I have no experience of Firefox so I thought someone on here might be able to help and I can pass on any instructions. Cheers :) 

It may just be the way Avast works with Firefox, I assume you have avast on your pc?

I'm using on Firefox to test, and it's ok here, with no other complaints, apart from those with Avast. :) 

44 minutes ago, Paul said:

What happens when you click the choose file button?

Nothing at all. Just the profile photo box whatever you call it goes vertical on its own accord. Summat is up? Oddly I've not heard this reported by anyone else. 

why when I want to post, not reply to a post, do I see my last reply to one. Then have to delete that post and my reply before I can make a post please?

many thanks Paul if you see this?

Can you help please.

I have had trouble since the web site was updated - being able to  'like a post.  It will about 1 in 20 times let me like a post, but other than that it states I am unable to register my vote, so I have given up.

I hope you can help??

Sonnia