Snow?

Need Help On The Site/forum?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a rather daft and not very nice comment about a member who posted a good deal of useful info into the site, re volcanoes and also the weather in Shetland. give him my regards please?

was getting a hard time off people with his volcano thread. wasn't appreciated enough for the hard work he put into the forum.

Not the best place to add this i know paul, but i would just like to say i think this new thread in the model area is going to be great and help those who want to know what's going on fast 9if like me

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul

I keep getting an error trying to load up parts of net weather last couple of days and my browser just says host has been notified and will be investigated etc.

Is this my browser or my internet playing up or is there a couple of issues of late? More specifically I currently cant load the home page or weather forecast currently and getting the message below -

An Error Has Occurred: Please try the refresh button or the back button on your browser and try again.
The error has been logged and will be investigated. 

Edited by Nights King

Ok thanks, or maybe just try in an incognito window as an initial test. It's certainly fine in chrome here. 

It's starting working again now out of no where although I'll have a clean up and re install google chrome anyway then is it must be something my end.

Thanks for quick reply though.

Very weird, as that message is definitely a proper error from the server. Wondering if it may have been caused by a corrupt cookie, so perhaps that got replaced or somehting. Might be worth just clearing them and your cache just to ensure it's cleared. 

Very weird, as that message is definitely a proper error from the server. Wondering if it may have been caused by a corrupt cookie, so perhaps that got replaced or somehting. Might be worth just clearing them and your cache just to ensure it's cleared. 

Alright thanks. 

Just need to let it settle down for now, it's still rebuilding behind the scenes, which will cause slowdowns etc - if they happen to be while you post, and exceed the timeout on the load balancing then it will show that error. If it's still happening after that, then we can dig into it more. 

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2013‎ ‎19‎:‎36‎:‎56, Paul said:

you can select mobile skin from the change theme link on the bottom left of every page.

The "change theme" link is now gone.  I'm not happy about this.  When I log in, I always use "change theme" to change the skin back to the old but colourful pre 2010 netweather skin.  I've never liked the recent black and white skins.

Edited by IHaveNoTrueFriendsNow!
49 minutes ago, IHaveNoTrueFriendsNow! said:

The "change theme" link is now gone.  I'm not happy about this.  When I log in, I always use "change theme" to change the skin back to the old but colourful pre 2010 netweather skin.  I've never liked the recent black and white skins.

:)

59 minutes ago, IHaveNoTrueFriendsNow! said:

Paul has said some more skins will be made available shortly

From the forum upgrade thread

Skins

We'll be putting an alternative skin online at some point by early next week, which'll have similar functionality to the current one, but with a different look and feel for those who want a few more blocks of colour on the page. 

Also coming up is the Christmas skin, hopefully by mid next week. 

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2