Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just a quick note....I was having the odd issue yesterday....in the storm thread only...when clicking the 'add reply' button, it would say that it's 'saving post' and then just sit there....on another browser window, I'd refresh the forum and said post would appear (same as pit and gavin)

also, I've noticed the NMM suite hasn't updated since yesterday's 12z run, not sure whether it's my end or not, I've cleared the browser cache (chrome) but to no avail

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

We've resolved the issue posting into some threads. Part of the problem in terms of tracking these errors down was that the initial report was that the 'site was running sluggish' - ie that reads as if pages were slow to load, not that in fact it was just posting that was slow. 

I'm going to make some guidelines for people posting issues/possible bugs but in the meantime, if things do go wrong please spend a couple of minutes detailing what the issue is, the steps you took before it happened etc. We'll then be much more able to track things down and get any issues solved more quickly. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Eh? TP - perhaps a little humility wouldn't go amiss at times? You've reported an error, I've looked for it, can't find anything wrong whenever I check, and our monitoring is also not flagging anything. Whatever is happening is obviously very isolated and therefore by it's nature is going to be hard to diagnose. There's just no need to act up about it all with snide comments about it being in your imagination etc. 

I believe you're now moaning at the fact that Cakie sent you a pm just to let you know that she removed a couple of duplicate posts you made, hardly a telling off is it...

Sent you a pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Could have been a middle part of a backbone network some users were crossing that was slow, that tends to play havoc with java based net applications, doing forced refreshes then restarts a new instance but often leaves the old one running (hence the post duplication).

Next time it happens try a trace route from a command shell/prompt depending on your operating system to see where the bottle neck is.

example traceroute to netweather.tv (104.20.21.79) you can see the jump times in bold below (if one is high there is the possible problem)

4  * * *
 5  * * *
 6  nrth-bb-1b-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net (62.254.42.130)  30.018 ms  32.190 ms  22.427 ms
 7  tele-ic-4-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net (62.253.174.18)  22.072 ms  21.447 ms  26.395 ms
 8  linx-juniper.as13335.net (195.66.225.179)  41.875 ms  42.349 ms  42.647 ms
 9  104.20.21.79 (104.20.21.79)  34.680 ms  34.213 ms  39.620 ms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

I have just tried to change my profile photo from a donkey to a cow (don't ask) and ended up with a person silhouette... What could I have messed up this time?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Cheers Paul, I've given that a go by updating my profile page password and will see what happens next time I clear the cookies and history etc.

Not sure how I ended up sorting this but clearly was something my end, changed passwords in two or three different sections of my profile settings and that was that, okay for a good week now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Unusual issue.....tried posting and sending a pm and getting the error message ' sorry you have been blocked'.......browsing using chrome on a android tablet (KitKat 4.4.2)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

It's not unfortunately but we're working on it now. Shouldn't be long. 

Sorry when I loaded it up 10 minutes ago it was fine but when it updated again its got the pink squares back, thanks for the update

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Can't get the 'ignore' facility to work.   Been trying over 3 days but identified posters/posts still keep appearing?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Can't get the 'ignore' facility to work.   Been trying over 3 days but identified posters/posts still keep appearing?

They'll still appear in quoted messages

If thats not what the issue is click your name top right click 'My Settings' then 'Ignore' Preferences and make sure under posts the box says hide

Posted

Morning Dan, your question has been answered several times, both in this thread and in it's own one:

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/83306-unable-to-upload-profile-pic/

In short, it's a bug in the software which we're waiting to update, so in the meantime you can upload your photo to the gallery and select it as your profile image from there. 

Posted

Morning Dan, your question has been answered several times, both in this thread and in it's own one:

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/83306-unable-to-upload-profile-pic/

In short, it's a bug in the software which we're waiting to update, so in the meantime you can upload your photo to the gallery and select it as your profile image from there.

Good Afternoon Paul, Cheers.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I was going to ask if the hurricane sub-forum can be given more prominence by perhaps getting rid of the extreme weather worldwide (very few posts) sub-forum which we are currently hid behind. The few active threads in there could easily be moved to the weather around the world sub-forum.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

502 bad gateway error when posting

• 2 weeks later...