Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

has the forum links changed, when enter the site there is no longer the link for todays active topics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi TG.

Are you reffering to the "latest posts" part of the homepage?

Thats still there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

has the forum links changed, when enter the site there is no longer the link for todays active topics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi The Gardener,

Do you mean the "View New posts" option.

Maybe you are not logged in. If you do not log into the forum this heading disappears.

John

Posted

it can also happen if you come in through net-weather.com rather than .co.uk

.co.uk is the safest route

Posted

I am trying to update my avatar using a pic from my own collection.

I have reduced the chosen pic in size to less than 90 pixels wide and in length but when I press update avatar it comes up with the main Avatar Updating page again with my current one still there. That also happned when I had chosen to delete the current one, it reappeared when I tried to update to the new one :rolleyes: .

Help please, thank you http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

EDIT: sorted on it's own!!

Edited by Andy Bown

Guest Mrs murphymoo

Try pressing crtl and F5 together to refresh - it could be that your computer's cache is storing the old image - your avatar has changed for me - its a yellow plant with a butterfly now :rolleyes:

Posted

Yes Sue it did change once I'd changed pages a few times :rolleyes: .

Perhaps the Avatar Settings/change page could do with an instruction to refresh the page to change the avatar. I tried 4 or 5 times thinking I was making an error before asking for help!!

NW Gallery???

Decided i'd share some of my boring photo's with you all, went to the gallery bit, set one up, gave it a name etc but when I try to put something in it, it just says

you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

And it logs me out??????

Am I doing something wrong??

Posted

probably - or some kind of cookie security system - they can be a pain in the proverbial

norton?

Guest Mrs murphymoo

Are you creating your gallery through 'My Controls' or actually in the main gallery itself?

If you are creating in the main gallery., can you try creating it though the 'My Controls' link in the top right hand corner, and vice versa if you are already creating through My Controls :D

Posted

It must be something to do with the cookies - so if you have any cookie protection on, it may be an idea to turn it off and try then.

Posted

Hey all, hope you are all well. Sorry, this is slighty off topic but i need abit of help to delete Windowns Messenger to be replaced by MSN Messenger. My dads just formated the comp and put messenger on, which is pants compared too MSN. Putting MSN on is ok, i just carnt remmember how i deleated Windoes mess before

Thanks for any help

Regards Graham

Posted

go into control panel - add remove prgrams - then select windows components - messenger should be there somewhere and just needs unticking