Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

thanks for your input Paul, but what am I using that is beta? Are you referring to the actual Weatherlink or something else please?

Posted

Yep, the message about weatherlink says it's 5.4.3b3 beta on the screenshot there, I assume there's probably a stable version available. 

Posted

Its the one I started with in about 2004 or maybe 2006, not used anything new since then?

Posted

I don't think it will Paul but I will try it. The problem occurred when I had used a video link from another source on the web and it would not close down. It was this that seems to have caused the Weatherlink issues?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

It's up to version 6.0.3 now. Whether you can go from such an old version to a new one is another matter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I cannot upload any photo's to my galleries on the site, I get "Service Unavailable" come up, anybody else with the same issue?

Posted

Can't say I've seen this happen, and not sure why it is but I'll try to get to the bottom of it. Is it still occurring? Can you upload the same image to a post?

Posted

Can't say I've seen this happen, and not sure why it is but I'll try to get to the bottom of it. Is it still occurring? Can you upload the same image to a post?

Yeah, it has been like it for the last 24hrs or so, I can upload the images to posts though.

Posted

I see people are uploading photo's to their galleries but I'm still getting the same problem.. "Service Unavailable" I've tried it on Google Chrome, Firefox and my tablets native browser, all do the same. :(

Posted

Quite sizeable then, are you doing them one at a time?

Yeah - It only allows one at a time as far as I know? I uploaded some images last week ok, they were 5MB, the limit is 10MB?I just tried a 300KB image and it worked, so there must be an error or a size cap going on, the limit does state 10MB. Edited by Mapantz

Posted

I've just uploaded a 3mb file without issue, I think it's perhaps timing out for you which I guess would happen if your connection isn't too fast and the upload takes a while, as I really can't find any other reason for it to be happening. 

Posted

I've just uploaded a 3mb file without issue, I think it's perhaps timing out for you which I guess would happen if your connection isn't too fast and the upload takes a while, as I really can't find any other reason for it to be happening.

My upload is 1Mbps, more than enough. It was absolutely fine last week, I was uploading 5MB images without any issues. :mellow:20 seconds in, I get the service unavailable message. Edited by Mapantz

Posted

But as you're seeing the issue in multiple browsers, others are managing to upload to the gallery ok, and there's nothing erroring on the servers it's hard to think of anyother likely common cause at this point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I've just uploaded an image to my gallery and it's produced a duplicate!

When I then deleted one of them, it was certainly deleted, but the second image was also changed into a 'blank.' Obviously I then deleted this as well.

I've tried the procedure twice, with the same result, unfortunately.

Posted

Sorted. Thanks Paul. :)

Posted

And now it's disappeared...

I'll just leave it as is, as it was uploaded and showed properly earlier. There's now a strange blank space in the photo's ribbon...

Please feel free to delete it, if need be. I can always upload it again later, when the issue is sorted.

Edit.

Now it has appeared again! Not sure whether it's my pc now. :(

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Is it possible to stay logged in for NW Extra? I bough the full subscription the other day but finding that I have to log in every time I want to do anything if I leave the site. Very annoying and inconvenient when I just want to have a quick glance at the radar

Posted

It uses cookies to keep you logged in, so if it's not doing so it's best to check your browser settings to make sure you're not blocking cookies or have it set to clear them whenever you close the browser down :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Erm.... radar doesn't appear to be updating?

OK now!

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

It uses cookies to keep you logged in, so if it's not doing so it's best to check your browser settings to make sure you're not blocking cookies or have it set to clear them whenever you close the browser down Posted Image

Thought I'd sorted this out as it seemed to be keeping me logged in but I've discovered the problem is that if I login on a different device it logs me out on the first device, eg. if I sign in on my phone and only use the phone throughout the day its perfectly fine, if I then check the radar on my laptop though I have to log in again

Is there any way to stay logged in on more than one device? I've never encountered this with any other website so not quite sure whats causing it