Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Guest William Grimsley

Hi there,Just a suggestion.Will it be possible to add a "Unread posts" or something similar to the front page of the Netweather.tv forum?

Thanks,William

Guest William Grimsley

Don't worry. I've found the link in the top right hand corner to the left of "Sign Out" called "View New Content". That is what I was looking for.

• Like 1

Posted

Getting site not available again, briefly then working then not working-anyone else with this just now, it was okay earlier today?

last time 10 s ago= 'server too busy' then back in immediately

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77743-winter-20132014-forecastshopesdiscussion-thread/?view=getlastpost

the link above is certainly not what was showing when I copied the net wx link!!

http://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

Edited by johnholmes

Posted

We're having a few issues caused by a ddos attack, we're mitigating as best we can but in filtering traffic etc we may block the odd legit page load etc. We're working to balance it out but ultimately a few duff page loads are better than the whole thing going down so please bear with us :)

Guest William Grimsley

We're having a few issues caused by a ddos attack, we're mitigating as best we can but in filtering traffic etc we may block the odd legit page load etc. We're working to balance it out but ultimately a few duff page loads are better than the whole thing going down so please bear with us Posted Image

Thanks for the update, Paul. I just received a notice saying "Server Too Busy". I know why, now.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Each time I try to get onto the NW Extra homepage I get a service unavailable message. Or it just doesn't load at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

We were just doing some updates which went a bit awry, but all should be working fine now Posted Image

Ah ok, all is good now, thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

When trying to upload photos I get an error on many of them saying:

No file was selected for upload

though others work fine.

I think it happens when the size is over 8 MB (but under the 10MB limit stated) as a few photos between 7 and 8MB work and photos 8-9MB don't.

Guest William Grimsley

Hi there,How come I can only edit certain posts? I am trying to edit a post on 30/10/2013. But, I can't see an 'Edit' link anywhere. However, I see an 'Edit' link for the posts I have made for 01/11/2013.

Is this to do with age of posts or something else as I need to edit this post.

Also, how do you delete posts?

William

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Got a few problems this afternoon

I can't open any pictures and the quote system isn't working properly

Not seeing any problems here with pics, and quote above looks ok. Would suggest you clear your browser cookies and cache which should solve it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Not seeing any problems here with pics, and quote above looks ok. Would suggest you clear your browser cookies and cache which should solve it.

Thanks Paul cleared the cache all is fine now

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

Morning All. How do I change the email address that the automated forecasts go to?

Posted

Thanks. I have requested a password reset, but this will go to an email address I can no longer access! Is there a way of deleting an account, so I can just set up a new one?

Posted

This is not going well! The locked down browser I am using will not allow the ticket add-in to work! Do you have a bog-standard email address I can use? Thanks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Hi Paul,

I tried to make my first post with some charts today and followed your instructions from the 'Learners' area. i.e. I right clicked on the chart, went to properties, then copied the url. I then clicked on 'image' within my post and pasted the url into the box I was offered. Trouble was, the resultant image within my post was a full-page monster and not a small thumbnail like everyone normally posts. What have I done wrong? Many thanks in anticipation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just noticed now strangely, that viewing forum through internet explorer as a guest, I can see all members signatures

but my normal viewing (as now) logged in with firefox, no signatures are visible, just wondered why?