Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ALL WEATHER, NOT THE PETTY POLITICS OF MODS IN THIS SITE

Can you be a bit more specific in terms of the thread you're talking about? If posts are missing then they've been deleted by the team or the original poster for one reason or another..

Yes, under the section @Weather Discussion and Chat, thread:

BBC / Met Office minimum temp forecasts

three or four posts vannished and it was happening last week in the Media and weather section where about five posts were vannished.

Can you throw any light on the reason why?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Afternoon,

Not sure if this has been answered already, but the 'Climate and Environment' section of the forums seems to be missing. I noticed this when trying to access the Arctic Ice discussion - The Refreeze via search engine instead, but if I go on it, it says I do not have permission and I should register or log-in. However I am already logged in at the time.

Was this taken down intentionally due to the site traffic perhaps?

Grateful for any info - cheers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

I cannot upload photographs to the site, is there any guidance anywhere or can someone just point by point explain what I need to do? Thanks.

Posted

I am continually having my posts deleted in this site without any explanation whatsoever by people working in the background.

I would like help and support from this thread and an explanation rather than simply deleting my requests.

Will someone please take the time to explain please.

Posted

I had a response yes Paul, but nobody has taken the time to explain why posts are going missing or why I cannot get into the climate area of the site.

All I get is : "I havent the time or inclination to answer you"

This is the same response I have had for a full year now.

Its discraceful not to give an explanation. What is going on in this site?

Posted

Strange, as I have pm'd you and explained posts being removed more than once, used the warn system with an associated note detailing the reasons (ongoing name calling and bickering) when you were stopped from posting into the serious discussion (which is still there), and have never had a response from you. I know other members of the team have contacted you also with the same results.

The climate area is closed currently, so the reason you've not had a personal explanation of that is because you're not personally blocked - although you were for a period previously and again had a full explanation as to why.

Posted

Paul, I am not talking about the serious discussion area. You did explain to me about that. However, I have never had an explanation about the climate forum other than you had taken the area off line and nobody could see it. That was what I was told at the time.

As far as posts being deleted in other forums; I have not once ever had any explanation from anyone. Every time I ask I am told that there is no time to explain or that I should know!

Well know what? What is it that I am doing wrong? Give me an example of the posts from the thread on BBC /Meto minimum temp forecasts. Lets see why they went missing....lets have an explanation about where there is a problem and it can be stopped. I even had my post here asking the question deleted. I just got an answer saying you know!! Well I dont know.

What is the reason for this kind of behind the scenes behaviour?

Edited by Village

Posted

Sorry that is simply untrue - I have pm's still in my outbox with explanations as to why your posts have been removed. Others in the team have also sent you pm's - never once have I had a response and the others the same.

Posted

Please resend me your explanations regarding why my posts have been removed from the thread "BBC / Met Office Minimum temp forecasts and your explanations as to why my posts have been removed from the thread; "weather in the media"

In both these threads my posts have been deleted....about seven of them in total and other members replies to me were also deleted. I have recieved no explanations from anyone. The last time you contacted me with a pm was almost six months ago at the beginning of August last year.

I have replied to other member's pm's and i can send you copies if you like and copies of their responses telling me that they had not the time or the inclination to answer me...or not bothered at all.

I still have absolutely no idea why I am having posts removed and nobody is telling me.

Edited by Village

Posted

I wasn't the one who removed those posts, so I can't resend any explanation - but I know you've been having a (virtual mirror) conversation by pm with another member of the team, and since pm's are far more suited to more specific discussions such as this one perhaps you'll just continue with that one as I've done my best to answer your general questions in here and can't really take it forward beyond that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: knee deep in snow!

Hi, I'm trying to post photos in my regional thread but they seem to want to post upside down lol, can you advise what I'm doing wrong please. (I'm using my phone, maybe this is the problem?)

Thanks in advance

Posted

Thats the point Paul,

I came here to this thread because this is the thread for Help and Support. Thats what it says on the tin. My first request for help as to why posts were deleted without explanation was deleted!! I mean....that does take the biscuit doesnt it?

The PM I had didnt offer any explanation as to why it was deleted or why posts went missing. This site basically has a rampant deleter or two running around at will with no regard and not offering of any explanation when requested.

I didnt see that in the site rules and it is breaking the trust between members and the site.

It must be taken seriously and be addressed or this site will get a bad name.

Posted

Hi, I'm trying to post photos in my regional thread but they seem to want to post upside down lol, can you advise what I'm doing wrong please. (I'm using my phone, maybe this is the problem?)

Thanks in advance

Yep I think the original photo must be upside down as the uploader won't turn it and isn't smart enough to change the orientation etc. Maybe try taking the photo again but with the phone the other way round :D

• Like 1

Posted

Paul,

I think my question has been missed, can I refer you back to post 2735, many thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: knee deep in snow!

Yep I think the original photo must be upside down as the uploader won't turn it and isn't smart enough to change the orientation etc. Maybe try taking the photo again but with the phone the other way round :D

Posted

Thats the point Paul,

No-one suggested anything wasn't being taken seriously, but since you don't seem to want to respond to pm's when you get them it's obviously quite hard to have a conversation with you - you've had 2 members of the team (at least) pm you today and I've answered your general questions in the thread.

Re the site rules, it's a shame you didn't pay so much attention to them when posting - had you done so then you'd never have had any posts removed and there would never have been any need to block you from the serious discussion either!

Anyway, as I said above you need to continue the conversations which people have started with you to try and help to resolve your issue and answer your questions as I've done all I can in here and in terms of public response.

I cannot upload photographs to the site, is there any guidance anywhere or can someone just point by point explain what I need to do? Thanks.

Sorry, you're right I did miss this. Best place to get info on attaching photos etc is on the help page (open the posting section)

http://forum.netweat...ore&module=help

If you need any more help please shout. Posted Image

Posted

Sorry, you're right I did miss this. Best place to get info on attaching photos etc is on the help page (open the posting section)

http://forum.netweat...ore&module=help

If you need any more help please shout. Posted Image

Thanks Paul, all sorted now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Um, two separate questions here...

1 - Is it possible to have my NW extra account enabled on 2 PCs?

2 - Why do some pictures get heavily shrunk when attached to posts whereas others seem to view at original size?

Thanks!

Posted

No problem - answer to q.1 is yes you can use your nw extra account on as many pc's as you like but it's a case of one at a time, so if you're logged in on one pc and then log in on another then it'll log you out of the original one.

Q.2 - both linked and uploaded photos should resize to thumbnails on the forum these days, but previously linked photos didn't and would show full size.

Posted

Not currently I'm afraid - although this is something we've been looking at options for as so many people have a laptop/table+pc these days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Not currently I'm afraid - although this is something we've been looking at options for as so many people have a laptop/table+pc these days.

Aye, precisely, it would be good if there was a way round somehow, although I can see there are difficulties here!Posted Image