Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Need Help On The Site/forum?

I've rolled the setting back as I think it was fairly widespread - we'll probably go for it again later on tomorrow to give all the isp's a chance to catch up!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a rather daft and not very nice comment about a member who posted a good deal of useful info into the site, re volcanoes and also the weather in Shetland. give him my regards please?

was getting a hard time off people with his volcano thread. wasn't appreciated enough for the hard work he put into the forum.

Not the best place to add this i know paul, but i would just like to say i think this new thread in the model area is going to be great and help those who want to know what's going on fast 9if like me

Posted Images

yep, had the same issues...the forum board looked like a throw back to the basic html style layouts from the 1990's!...a quick clearance of browser (firefox) cache and a reboot has done the trick

We've updated again to our new setup, by the looks of it the majority of isp's have now updated so all should be good + we've put a backstop in place to hopefully catch any stragglers, but please shout if you find the forums have gone weird.

Yes, we're running through a new cdn to speed things up etc.

Can also confirm you're one of the few people who have yet to update - the nameserver change was made about 60 hours ago & was set to cache for a max of 24 hours so it seems your system/isp is using very old dns data.

Sites working fine using open dns on one pc and google on the other however

So googles returning 108.162.199.56 while open dns is returning 46.38.170.50 so which one is right???

108.162.199.56 is the new one, although we've set it up so the old one will continue to work so no great issues - opendns should update soon. Am quite surprised they're so behind though.

Would any of the above have anything to do with me not being able to use the emotions functions whilst posting? They are enabled on my posting options. Or am I just thick and not doing something properly?

• 2 weeks later...

It tended to create ructions with people not liking any negative points they got, which then spilled over into threads etc. Personally I quite liked the idea of them particularly as they did allow members to filter posts based on the points on them (pretty much as you describe), but the reality was they didn't work so well out and many on the community didn't enjoy their presence.

I see the negative points system has come and gone again.

Hopefully it is gone for ever!

Paul, why are 'warning points' showing up on the forum now? Is it really fair or necessary to single people out in this way for having a warning? A warning should be just that....a word in the ear of an individual if they have broken one rule or another- not spread about on peoples' profiles. I for one would not like this info on my profile please.

Paul, why are 'warning points' showing up on the forum now? Is it really fair or necessary to single people out in this way for having a warning? A warning should be just that....a word in the ear of an individual if they have broken one rule or another- not spread about on peoples' profiles. I for one would not like this info on my profile please.

Just as a note, you do know the warnings are not visible to anyone but yourself on your profile?

ahhhh I wasn't aware of that AWD......I just assumed, seeing as it was with the other info, that it would be visible. Ignore my other post in that case, Paul Posted Image

I thought the same as you at first too mate, but after clicking on my profile then profiles of other members I found out that the warnings on my profile were only visible too me, which is a good thing! Lol.

Yep, your warn info is only visible to you and the team - for those who are ever warned or have action taken on their account for whatever reason it all goes through there.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Choice of Original disappeared from the radar view types- happens to be the one I prefer. Thanks.

• Like 1