Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

Not heard of that one, but I'd check that is up to date & maybe try it with it switched off. Bearing in mind the majority of people visiting nw use IE and we've only got 2 reports of this, it's likely to be something else which is the cause & 99% of the time the only other thing which interferes with web traffic is the security program being run.

Posted

I'll have a chat with my pc boffin and see what he says then probably give it a try

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Can't remember how to change a link into a description, when inserting to post/ signature.

If anyone knows?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I've been trying to access from the NW archive my thread from last years May 9th storm...Viewing the thread and my youtube footage is fine, but I get the error message "You do not have permission to view this attachment" when trying to view the photos which is rather odd as they're my photos...lol......any clues?...cheers

edit, here's the link... http://forum.netweat...nkridge-090511/

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yes, working fine now, thank you Paul :)

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

I can't get the NMM model viewer to update..It's stuck on the Sunday 06z output.....Have cleared my browser cache but to no avail...any ideas anyone?

Posted

I can't get the NMM model viewer to update..It's stuck on the Sunday 06z output.....Have cleared my browser cache but to no avail...any ideas anyone?

Same, looks like the NMM hasn't updated since 6z yesterday :-(

Posted

Was just wondering if I'm allowed to do what I've done on the UK storm Chasers facebook page, having a netweather logo on my page, I didn't think it would be a problem seeing as though a lot of users use this website, and we are all on here.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/UK-Storm-Chasers/320341941362083

Let me know if you want it removing.

Also Paul, is there any chance of activating my PM's now and possibly reviewing my 10 posts?

Thanks

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Since the forum upgrade the other day if I try to edit a post I get a box saying 'object error' and I'm unable to do any editing. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Initially I couldn't post by clicking the 'post' button, I had to go through 'more reply options' but this spontaneously resolved itself yesterday.

I spoke too soon! I've just clicked 'post' to submit this and nothing's happening; it's back to 'more reply options'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Thanks Paul, I'll try that.

Edit; That seems to have sorted it

Edited by Terminal Moraine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Bartlett style mild and benign

Hi all,

In the Radar Links (I have a radar subscription) I am clicking the link below but unable to access that page as my sub apparently doesnt cover it.

Is this an error, or does access require a full Extra sub?

http://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/premium.pl?action=rainfall;sess=1d357d4e6f34f7fc70eb0c4d490e3216

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Bartlett style mild and benign

ok, thanks. Thought it might be but wasn't sure as it appeared to be in the list of radar-only subscribers' links.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I'm not sure if I've forgotten or if something has changed... but how do you attach items now? I can see "my media" section and all my old attachments but I don't know how to add any new ones? I'm thinking more for word files rather than images by the way.

Posted

Upload options should be there for you when you click 'more reply options'. If not, it should appear if you hit ctrl+f5 on the screen to refresh it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Thanks. ctrl+f5, the solution to so many problems!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Is it me, but I have noticed recently how page loading is really slowing down, (I've tried 4 pc's across 3 different ISP/networks).

It appears that loading of adverts really slows page load times, is there anyway to background the adverts so they don't slow down page load times?

I know we need ads but I'm seeing page timeouts now due solely to adverts not loading in a timely manner.

I know we used to background the various links that might cause page hangs(long time ago in Mosaic days).

Am I the only one experiencing this.

Oh broweser wise, we are talking IE, Mozilla & Chrome.

Posted

The ads load in iframes so they already load independently of the pages - if an ad is slow the page loads any way. I've not spotted any speed problems of late & our monitoring isn't flagging anything, so not sure what the issue may be there.

When you have a slow load please can you copy and paste the exec time at the bottom of the page, eg: Exec. Time: