Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Paul

Need Help On The Site/forum?

I’m not on a computer at the moment but I believe if you click your username in the top right corner you can get to the ignore preferences from that menu as well. Easier there if adding multiple users, or removing some which I’ve just done. 

• Thanks 1

On 09/11/2018 at 20:45, Mapantz said:

re the radar notifications.. i've got a new phone that has Android 8.1 now. I don't get automatic notifications. However, as soon as I go in to the settings, the notification comes through.

This is related to the battery management in Android 8.1, if you go into the app settings, choose battery optimisation and then choose the radar app from the list, you can switch off the optimisation which will allow the app to ping our server to get rain alerts when the app isn't open. 

If Android keeps this system, we'll look to switch it to a server only system which means the app won't have to check for alerts itself, they'll just be sent automatically, which'll stop the battery setting from affecting it. 

• Like 1

On 03/12/2018 at 11:21, Paul said:

This is related to the battery management in Android 8.1, if you go into the app settings, choose battery optimisation and then choose the radar app from the list, you can switch off the optimisation which will allow the app to ping our server to get rain alerts when the app isn't open. 

If Android keeps this system, we'll look to switch it to a server only system which means the app won't have to check for alerts itself, they'll just be sent automatically, which'll stop the battery setting from affecting it. 

Yep - that solved it! Just had a notification for moderate rain in the vicinity. 🙂

• Like 1