Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

Ok.i'm guessing that because i was still logged on at the time of "crash", i couldn't log back until i realised myself to delete cookies/history etc..

Posted

I really don't know Paul..i did just that and it allowed me back on.

IP provider is Blueyonder/VirginMedia.

Browser caching..not clued up enough that. Had a new motherboard installed v.recently, maybe something to do with that..i just dunno...no matter, i'm on now.

Posted

I would like to add a new topic (but not sure exactly where to place it) about this weekend's weather.

I believe some exceptional warmth will be realised tomorrow and Sunday and with 80 F certainly

a possibility I thought this merits a new topic, maybe in the "Spring discussion" section.

I am thinking of a topic thus: "This weekend's weather .... could we top 80F?"

Maybe there's a similar topic in other parts of the forum that I'm not aware of.

If so please could you point me in the right direction. There is an "Earliest we'll reach 80F"

topic but for me that's not really suitable for discussing this weekend.

I thought I would check with you before starting a new topic unneccessarily.

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted

How does anyone access the complete list of posts that they have made?

I posted something in February that I recently wanted to check and it seems to have vanished. It wasn't in a controversial thread and should still be somewhere in the forum, but using the word search technique I can't find it even though I can remember at least one specific phrase -- the search function seems to act like google and returns hundreds of very weak comparisons with the search words or phrases. But even among those it seemed that the post had disappeared.

Thanks in advance and I promise to keep sending the nice weather, although people around here are starting to complain they aren't getting any. ;)

Posted

Threads are regularly pruned from many parts the forum I'm afraid Roger, so the chances are that if your post was within one of the fast moving areas such as the spring discussion, then it will have been removed by now.

Posted

No, it was actually a spring LRF, there is one active thread on that (spring and summer) but there was another one which was only for spring 2007, meanwhile the pinned LRF threads in the archives are winter 06-07 and spring 2006. I think that's where the problem lies, the spring 2007 thread has disappeared with about 30 spring forecasts for this year. But in any case, how if at all can I access all posts made as you can do on other chat forums?

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Roger

Is the one your looking for called Spring forecasts if so it is in the seasonal forum , Hope this helps it might be the wrong one but its worh a look

nigel

Posted

Thanks Mondy (and Nigel) you showed me how to find all posts, and now I am fairly sure this one has been deleted because it was definitely made in February. What happened, I think, is that a second spring LRF thread was somehow deleted perhaps as an error in terms of trying to either merge it with the existing spring and summer thread, or by pinning it in the archives. Not a big deal, I wanted to review something in there but my more important question was how to access all posts made, and you've helped me figure that out. ;)

Posted

Hello.

I have seen on the forum that some people have got under their picture a message.

How do I do this?

Mine says Cirrus how do I change this?

Thanks

Zach

Edited by Zachary12

Posted

Hi Zach, that feature becomes available once you've made a certain number of posts - think it's 500 or so, but can't quite remember :)

Posted

Evening everyone

Been looking at the NW 5min radar for the majority of the day now , and for most of the night the radar as been showing rain for my area , and over the last 15mins its showing that we are getting around around 2mm of rain , However it hasnt rained all day in this area, can someone please explain

nigel

Posted

Rain can evaporate before reaching the ground, and will still be picked up on the radar, this can particularly be the case when the rain is fairly light and/or falling from medium to high clouds. :wallbash:

Posted

Morning Paul

Thanks for the information regarding the radar , much appreciated,

Thankyou

nigel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Whats Happened to the Features for Posting like Making Words Bold or Italic etc?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Whats Happened to the Features for Posting like Making Words Bold or Italic etc?

They're still there. :)

See?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not on mine. I know you can use BB Code help but where it used to be is not there anymore on me.

Posted

Not on mine. I know you can use BB Code help but where it used to be is not there anymore on me.

Are you sure?

They are there ^^^^^^^^^ on mine!

Posted

The Bold features etc are available on the fast reply post but not my Normal add reply bit. Thats very annoying.

Also the Forecasts are a bit behind. Its still on thursday!

Posted

Blizzards, the font control etc seems to be working ok for everyone else - can you provide a screenshot so we can better work out what is wrong on your system?

Re the forecasts, the 00z came in late but is being processed now, so the forecasts will update shortly.