Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow

Is there a problem with the nw gfs charts. Im only getting some of them up, most have the broken image icon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Is that same reason why the radar has stopped working? Stuck at 2100 (and yes I know there's no precip for it to show! :) )

Posted

It's a separate issue matey - but it's being looked into :)

Posted

last sentence of the last but one paragraph of http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...=winthist;sess= needs removing or editing perhaps?

I'm pretty sure NWextra users will be able to look that up by now - what we really want to know is what the 06-07 winter will hold in store. http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Edit:...looks like this one is the same.

Still no change on this Paul. My guess is either you've been busy (likely), or it's down to sever caching (unlikely, but somewhere near plausible :) )

• 2 weeks later...

First of all sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. On the present skin I don't seem to have a button that allows you to go straight to the top of the thread.

Maybe I need to change my settings although this was there when I was using the Christmas skin until it was removed.

thanks

Chris

Posted

Hi Chris, it's certainly there - its on the far left bottom left of each post within a thread (under the posters profile info). If it's not there for you - try hitting ctrl+f5 a couple of times and let me know if that works :shok:

Posted

Isn't it bad luck to take down the Christmas decorations before 12th night (ie January 5), Paul? :shok:

Seriously, the site has been running very slowly for me over the last two or three days. It seems to take ages to load pages. I have never had that before, and do not have problems with any other sites. Is NW becoming a victim of its own popularity?

Posted

Haven't seen any problems on the server at all to be honest - and no one else is reporting speed issues. There may be a routing problem from your isp to our server - have you tried re-booting your modem?

Posted

I am having trouble accessing any links to images and files in the learning centre, so far I have been trying to follow John Holmes variuos instructional posts but each time I click a link it says I do not have permission to view the file and need to log in, needless to say, I am logged in!

So, have I missed something or is there broken links, or some other problem?

Cheers! :shok:

Posted

Hi Paul, HNY

I have a query about the settings on 'my' home page.

If I set up 'my' local reports to the 4 closest airports, and then go to set 'my' quick forecast, I didn't seem to get put onto a 'setup' page, rather to the 7-day forecast page. It did however seem to set that on 'my' home page though.

The strange thing is if I go to the 7-day forecasts page to look at other places if I'm planning a trip or seeing what other places are going to get, each forecast obtained upsets that saved on 'my homepage' quick forecast.

any ideas ?

Posted

Hi Verglas, that's working as intended at the moment. Whenever you change the location of the forecast it will remember it and display it both on the homepage and when you go to the forecasts themselves. :unknw:

Posted

Lol funnily enough it was the NOAA - just spoke to them and they did something slightly differently with the 12z files on their server, which made things go a bit wrong! Should be fixed for the 18z though.