Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Keep getting this when i try and reply on the short term storm discussion page :nonono:

Edit: I think it might be fine now.....doh!

Edited by Mondy the clumsy

Posted

Can you please tell me how I add an image in the posts? I ask because I am trying to add a picture from Chimet site and it keeps saying dynamic pictures aren't allowed (or something like that)

Posted

It's because the image you are t#rying to link to is using some sort of script to display (dynamic). You will need to right click the image, save it to your pc and then upload it to your post as an attachment. :rolleyes:

There's a guide for doing this here:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=16419

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow

i want to take advantage of the offer that expires today but when i go to my control area and choose subscription no choices appear! how do i upgrade my free account to the £23 offer?

thanks

Posted

The netweather extra sub isn't linked into the forum at all, you need to go to this page:

https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/login.pl

Click register, put all your details in, then it will take you to the payment page where you can select the winter offer. You'll then have instant access.

Any problems or queries, drop me a pm, or post back into here :whistling:

Posted

Hi Paul

I'm a premium member now :whistling:

Very impressive radar and lots of things to spend hours staring at. I', not sure if im doing it right but some of the gfs charts keep showing a broken image link sometimes when i have just looked at one so i kno wits there.

Edited by Red Raven

Posted

Glad you like it :whistling:

I've not seen the issue of the disappearing image's myself. If you're changing the run's, we only store 2 at any one time, so at the moment you can view images from the 06z and 12z.

Aside from that I'm not sure, if it happens again could you let me know which image, which run and which timeslot :p

Paul

Posted

Hi paul

Im looking at the 850 temp & SLP on the gfs. Images showed ok up until hour 36 which showed a broken link then when i tried to back track through the earlier hours all images show a broken link. time of run is set 12, although changing it doesnt make any diference.

just closed the browser and gone back in and now it works - seems like a possible caching error maybe

Edited by Red Raven

Posted

found out what it is. It is the session cookie, i have the rain radar open in a new window and that refreshes automatically every so often which renews the session id making the one im using for the chart viewer invalid.

could that be right?

Posted

last sentence of the last but one paragraph of http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...=winthist;sess= needs removing or editing perhaps?

A fairly good Winter, not spectacular! What will 04-05 bring?

I'm pretty sure NWextra users will be able to look that up by now - what we really want to know is what the 06-07 winter will hold in store. :whistling:

Edit:...looks like this one is the same.

Edited by crimsone

Posted

A quick question. On the Euro Snow depth charts do they show acumulative depths taking in to account melt due to forecast temperatures?

ta

Edited by Red Raven

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I can't add attachments in Opera browser since the forum upgrade - the 'Choose' button does nothing at all. Some sort of compatibility issue?

Posted

Just tested in Opera 9.01 and it's working fine for me. What version are you using there? May be worth clearing cache and temp internet files and seeing if that helps?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Now on version 9.10 build 8670. Just upgraded it from last beta build and this has fixed it - must have been a bug in their last build. All ok now!

Cheers

Posted

I can't add attachments in Opera browser since the forum upgrade - the 'Choose' button does nothing at all. Some sort of compatibility issue?

Definitely an issue in FireFox. I don't see the option to add an attachment at all. Also, the boxes next to Insert Special Item are completely blank.

Posted

It's closed for refurbishment at the moment SS. Re-opening shortly after the painters have left :)

Posted

Is anyone else disappointed with IE7 ?

I upgraded from 6 due to it not displaying the upgraded forum properly, but in IE7 you can't save favorites to be available off-line, (there's a few useful things liek scaling the image size which enables you to see the british Isles on the Meto chart at the same time as having the 'hours' buttons still on screen)

I usually let all the bugs get ironed out before upgrading, but think I jumped too soon on this one :nonono:

Edited by Verglas