Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

try a prog called photo resize magic 1.0 its freeware and does the job for me

I know images can be resized and uploaded, I use photoshop to do it sometimes, but that doesn't alter the size of images hotlinked with the %7Boption%7D tag. Such images are whatever size they are wherever they are stored, and sometimes they need to be that size in order to see the detail on them. TC images can be a case in point, where as much detail as possible is usually better for seeing what's going on.

Posted

Just reporting a possible problem.

I've gone:

Data Centre > Weather Now > East Midlands (on selection tab) > Go

I then got the following message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Seems to happen with the other few I tried.

• 5 weeks later...
Posted

Hi guys not been around for a while as have been busy getting divorced, moving 87 miles up the road etc etc.........

I need some adice for another forum I regularly use....there's a lot of in fighting and trouble makers wanting to be moderators....... this is something we don't want to happen.. at all costs

Can you tell me HOW you choose/nominate moderators???

Do they put their names forward?/ or are they hand picked, does it go out to vote etc etc....

What kind of people would you choose and why....qualities/ saneness (excluding OOn of course hehe).

Any hints or a link ot something I can pm to the admin of club 80-90 would be really gratefully received..

Thnaks guys and the site is looking fantstic and as always running smoothly........

Torz Cooper

Posted

Hi guys not been around for a while as have been busy getting divorced, moving 87 miles up the road etc etc.........

I need some adice for another forum I regularly use....there's a lot of in fighting and trouble makers wanting to be moderators....... this is something we don't want to happen.. at all costs

Can you tell me HOW you choose/nominate moderators???

Do they put their names forward?/ or are they hand picked, does it go out to vote etc etc....

What kind of people would you choose and why....qualities/ saneness (excluding OOn of course hehe).

Any hints or a link ot something I can pm to the admin of club 80-90 would be really gratefully received..

Thnaks guys and the site is looking fantstic and as always running smoothly........

Torz Cooper

I would pick the people that are going out the way to help the forum, people who are active.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

this is probably one for oon, but i'll stick it in here anyway...

there was a lot of rain in many parts yesterday, so i thought i'd have a look at member's weather station websites. i quickly gave up. 'page does not exist', 'you are not authorised', or just data not summarised, not present, meaningless, unreadably small font... maybe some occasional checking of these sites might be in order, perhaps from different browser configurations.

Posted

Can't argue with Wibs (mainly because she's a woman so there's no point).

I see what you mean Hairy. It comes down to time, but I think an overhaul is called for because the map is complicated to sort out, and half he people on there aren't really members any more and it's a lot of hassle to edit if needed.

I'll take a look when I get a moment, so perhaps pop back in 2012. In the meantime, the most informative site works...and that's mine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Can't argue with Wibs (mainly because she's a woman so there's no point).

I see what you mean Hairy. It comes down to time, but I think an overhaul is called for because the map is complicated to sort out, and half he people on there aren't really members any more and it's a lot of hassle to edit if needed.

I'll take a look when I get a moment, so perhaps pop back in 2012. In the meantime, the most informative site works...and that's mine.

won't hold my breath then. it must involve a lot more work than it seems. i suppose.

Posted

Only because of the stupid way I've done it...it's some code overlaid on a jpeg of the map which you need to open in the right way, and then save in the right way and then upload.

There must be a better way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, inc Snow and Wind

Hi Dave, let me know what you want it changed to and I'll do it for you.

Cheers

Paul

Please can you change to:

Theresnoway

Thanks

Dave

Thanks Paul.

Much appreciated!

Dave

Edited by dave4997

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Could someone please explain what vertical velocity and relative vorticity means please , ive been looking at these charts for some time on NW Extra and its baffling me to understand them ..

cna someone please help

nigel

Posted

Hi Nigel - I'm going to copy this post into the learning area as you are likely to get more discussion from it there. I'd be a little patient though as many of us are a little pre-occupied with Ex hurricane Gordon at the moment http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons//ohmy.gif

Posted

Can you really see me sitting there twiddling my knobs all day for your benefit all day long?

Nope.. you have no webcam as yet and i'm not even going to try and use my imagination..........

You have more than 1?????????.. Is this something to do with Sellafield or radioactive sheep?????

Posted

I've heard a rumour he has one on his head too!!

I dont think thats true Paul.. I think he just made a mistake when somebody said he should wear a helmet for certain activities..

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Just wondering about the charts that Nick F and BF etc post in the technical discussion. Eg Lapse Rates, Vorticity.

Are these premium items?

I cannot see them anywhere.

Posted

It's been updating all afternoon for me and is upto date, are you sure you're viewing the latest image - click the latest button :doh:

Tell a lie, it does look like the meto feed went down for a bit, all running fine now though.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Any plans as to when the snow features will be back?

Snow risk maps

Snow forecast percentages in 16-day-outlook

Precip type radar etc.

Thanks http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif