Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
:( Help. Been looking netwide for historic data on sunshine hours in Portsmouth/Southsea for ages now, and can't find anything more recent than the Met's archive data to 1975 or so; can't find anywhere which shows July sunshine hours to date. I'm interested, because I think there could be records broken. TY :(

Posted

:( Help. Been looking netwide for historic data on sunshine hours in Portsmouth/Southsea for ages now, and can't find anything more recent than the Met's archive data to 1975 or so; can't find anywhere which shows July sunshine hours to date. I'm interested, because I think there could be records broken. TY :(

Mr Data may be able to point you in the right direction.

Posted

Why does a Security Alert appear whenever I click on 'Basic Radar'?

This is what appears:

"Information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed or changed by others. However, there is a problem with the site's security certificate."

"! The security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust. View the certificate to

determine whether you want to trust the certifying authority."

"! The security certificate has expired or is not yet valid."

"The security certificate has a valid name matching the name of the page you are trying to view."

When I click on "View Certificate", this appears:

"This certificate cannot be verified up to a trusted certification authority."

It seems to happen on every computer I have used in the last several months.

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted

Just found this on Reuters; thought some might enjoy it; where, if anywhere, do you think it would 'fit'? Don't titter.

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The people of Kerala in India's southwest are famed for turning fish into spicy feasts fit for gods, but last week the heavens turned provider as fish rained down on the village of Manna, a newspaper reported on Monday.

When the clouds broke last Thursday, villagers said they saw small, pencil-thin live fish falling from the sky.

"Initially no one noticed it. But soon, we saw some slushy objects on the ground and noticed some slight movement," Abubaker, a local shop owner, was quoted as saying in the Hindustan Times.

"I alone collected 30 ice-cold fish of which many died," said the resident of Manna, 20 km (12 miles) from Kannur, in the north of the state.

Locals said the fish looked like parals, a common freshwater fish found in lakes and rivers.

Similar reports of objects falling from the sky -- including frogs and tomatoes -- have been put down to spiralling whirlwinds or waterspouts which suck them up from land or water. They fall back to earth once the wind speed drops and can no longer support them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I don't know if I'm right in posting this here but I can't upload my recent photographic efforts (I suspect the files are to big) so if anyone can give me a hint on how to 'downsize' my JPEG images I'd much appreciate it (as my Noctilucent,Cb and crepuscular shots may be appreciated!!)

Ta, Ian.

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

Hi Paul,

any chance of having a surf forecast section on here to cater for our surfing friends? I always plug your site to my friends, family and work colleagues as the best place to get an accurate forecast. I was doing this to a new acquaintance (surfer) last week and it suddenly dawned on me that this may be a useful addition to this site.

I wouldn't see this as too much additional work as the 7/16 forecast is perfect and I would envisage there being a few extra columns.

Let me know what you think? PM if you would like me to go into more detail

regards

Ian

Posted

Just to let you know that in all areas of the forum I get this little purply coloured box that appears in the centre of the screen. I can just make out some white text inside the box '...weather forecasts data and...'. This shows up slightly better on a white screen and is always in the centre even when I scroll up and down (sure there's a technical name for this!). Not sure anyone knows what it is?! Perhaps a netweather ghost :) or perhaps just my computer.

Edited by xxsnowflakexx

Posted

Having just once more opted to break the tabling in one of my posts with an oversized image (I'm so glad it doesn't affect the whole thread!), I just though of something.

On some forums I've been on in the past, when posting an image over a particular size, instead of breaking the tables to display it, it displays the image in the post with horizontal and vertical scrollbars.

When dealing with images where you need to post it full size to see the detail, but only wish to concentrate on a particular area, this could be a very useful and far tidier way for the board to display hotlinked images over a certain size.

Would it be possible to implement this in vB?

Posted

Hi Paul,

any chance of having a surf forecast section on here to cater for our surfing friends? I always plug your site to my friends, family and work colleagues as the best place to get an accurate forecast. I was doing this to a new acquaintance (surfer) last week and it suddenly dawned on me that this may be a useful addition to this site.

I wouldn't see this as too much additional work as the 7/16 forecast is perfect and I would envisage there being a few extra columns.

Let me know what you think? PM if you would like me to go into more detail

regards

Ian

There are some surf details on the Stormsurf Site which you can llok at.

Surf height

At the moment we do not have any written surf forcasts or links into the surf models like

the NOAA Wavewatch III wave model. Perhaps Paul might know whether this is on the cards for the future.

Posted

It's not in the custom charts no - although yes an improved explanation of the various options is in the to do pile.

The nww3 stuff is in its own section.