Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

I get the little box saying this page contains secure and non secure items - do you want to display the non secure items? Yes No.

Posted

Yep, am working on that now, it's nothing to worry about, can say yes or no, whatever takes your fancy!

Fixed :)

Posted

Was having a look at the SMS weather alert page [https://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=sms] with IE7 and was alerted that the site maybe a phishing website and directed to a page to report if it was or not, so I reported it as safe, there is an option for the owner or rep of the site to report incorrect warning.

I thought I better post this as some people may be put off this service with an alert popping up.

Microsoft have come back to me already (very impressive!) and they have removed the suspicious site thing that was put there in error, so it should be gone within the next 24 hours :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Sorry I know this is being picky but the description under the Storms and Extreme weather section is out of date! ;)

It says:

"Into mid winter now, usually at least once during January a period of atlantic type weather affects the UK, will this year see any intense atlantic storms heading toward the UK?"

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Can someone please help me [sorry if this is in the wrong thread]

Im trying to find out how to resize my piccys ,can someone please explain how to

much appreciated

nigel

Posted

You need to do that in a graphics program/editor of some sort - something like photoshop if you have it. There are some free ones about - not sure where though so hopfully someone will come up with a link to help you out.

Posted

You need to do that in a graphics program/editor of some sort - something like photoshop if you have it. There are some free ones about - not sure where though so hopfully someone will come up with a link to help you out.

Thanks paul

Posted

Thanks paul

Didn't you get any software with the camera?,most digi cameras come with the editing software which alow you to resize,usualy in the image tab or image properties somewhere lol.

You can easily resize them using windows paint too,usualy found in all programes (start up menu bit) then accessories and down to paint.

If you use Windows XP, a useful and free download is the Image Resizer PowerToy, which allows you to right-click on an image in Windows Explorer and resize it immediately.

also recommended is IrfanView, a fully-featured freeware graphic viewer program for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003, which includes powerful image manipulation including a resize function.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Thankyou, Paul.

Next question: what, if any, is the correlation between the UK average temp. on the 16 day forecast and the CET? Should I currently adjust upwards, in the light of conditions/forecasts and, if so, by how much?

Posted

I think you'll find it hard to make a correllation between the two. Effectively the CET is likely to have a higher figure as its based further south, but it would be impossible to suggest a way to calculate it I think.

Posted

Just tried to post a message on the forum, and came up with this message - not sure what it means, or if its a problem my end.

PB WARNING [2] mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) (Line: 131 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

Error Returned

SQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) SQL error code: Date: Thursday 20th of July 2006 09:36:03 PM

We apologise for any inconvenience

just had the same 4 times

IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'dbo137762513'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (Line: 131 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

Error Returned

SQL error: Access denied for user 'dbo137762513'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

SQL error code:

Date: Thursday 20th of July 2006 11:11:20 PM

We apologise for any inconvenience

Forecasts are down

The error has been logged and will be investigated.

sql: -- DBI connect('database=db137762513;host=localhost;port=3306','dbo137762513',...) failed: Access denied for user 'dbo137762513'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /var/www/html/subs/subs.pl line 1018

Also, clicking forum link on homepage (or from broken sql db errorpage) doesnt link correctly

(not that ya's dont know anyways but just incase)

Forecasts are down

The error has been logged and will be investigated.

sql: -- DBI connect('database=db137762513;host=localhost;port=3306','dbo137762513',...) failed: Access denied for user 'dbo137762513'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /var/www/html/subs/subs.pl line 1018

Also, clicking forum link on homepage (or from broken sql db errorpage) doesnt link correctly

(not that ya's dont know anyways but just incase)

seems the upgrade work is still being done mr s