Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Hello,

A few weeks back to total number of posts on the forum got over 100,000!

Now it's back to 94,780 :)

How's that?

Mark.

Posted

It's because we regularly 'prune' old posts and threads to keep the database size down - otherwise there would be several million posts on here!

Posted

Hi ACB - you can edit posts for upto 3 hours after posting them but not beyond that point I'm afraid.

EP - it's working fine for me - what message do you get when you click the view new posts button?

Paul many thanks: will remember that

Andrew

Posted

In the bit underneath posts are boxes called "reply" and "quote". Under my posts are also boxes called "delete" and "edit". Is this what appears under each persons' posts, on their own screen, IYKWIM? I'm getting paranoid because I lost my temper here recently and was wondering if it is some sort of "flag" for moderators to weed out troublemakers! :)

Posted

Hi Noggin.

Everybody, for their own posts only, has the opportunity to delete or edit their posts.

For editing your posts, this must be done within a certain time frame (3 hours I believe). I think this may also be the case for deletion.

As I said though, this is only for your posts, and no other members are able to use these functions on anybody elses posts but their own.

Posted

Lovely. Thanks SR :) But I will try not to lose my temper again, anyway!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Having a NW-Extra problemo. Added a couple of items to my favourites and it's just adding url strings into the favourites box. They are quite long strings so it's disrupting the page layout. Here's what I mean:

post-94-1137007164_thumb.jpg

I can't remove them from the list either.

It's the same in IE too.

Cheers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

oops - just needs a quick table update - give me 2 mins

try now

Sorted, lovely stuff. Cheers!

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place or this has been answered before.

When using firefox I have noticed that when I press refresh it takes me straight to the last post and not the last post I was reading reading, this doesn't seem to happen in IE. Therefore I have to make a note of the post number, not very easy in the model discussion thread at Christmas :closedeyes:

Anyone come across this before and have any suggestions.

Thanks

Chris

Posted

The direct link from the Data Centre home page to the UK snowcover charts is pointing to the N-W Home Page instead. Although the snowfall/snowcover charts are still accessible through the GFS Chart Viewer Link and pull-down menu.

Posted

Just a thought - there are a lot of blogs that appear to have no posts. Could it be that people aren't aware that they have to publish the blog entries and that if not they remain as drafts? I know I did that with my first one http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

Posted

Good point, I'll see if I can mess about with the settings to make the default that entries are published. It could also be that people like the idea of a blog, but when it comes to it struggle to think of something to say!!

Posted

In all honesty, i had trouble fathoming out how to do a blog..it wasn't until Shuggee helped me actually "air it" that i knew what i was doing - now i've forgotten again :)

How about a "Thread for Blog Dummies" idea/topic, whereby folks (if interested) want to post a blog, but aren't sure how to do it, can refer to http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif