Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

Hi, When posting pictures how do you show the picture as a thumb nail, with instructions to enlarge image? Where can I find info on this?

Thanks in advance :D

Edited by Let_it_snow

Posted

HI CMD, thought we already had that in there - we'll hopefully get that sorted soon.

I don't think Karl realised you were a n-w extra subscriber - we put the new beta version of the ensembles in there today - plenty more choice available within those!!

Posted

Lol that was literally added earlier today - pretty wide ranging aren't they!! More to come - and a selection on the free bits of the site too :)

And here's the fish - this one looks like it'll hurt, so let that be a lesson to you!

Posted Image

Edited by Paul

Posted

Hi Paul, i just had an idea about a possible addition to the website. Theres quite a few people with weather stations now, why not have a U.K map, showing the conditions at the different weather stations. When you hover over the station it gives a few more in depth readings such as Wind speed etc. Just a thought though, i know people with W/D can upload a METAR from which you can show the data by using a symbol or something similar. :)

Heres an example of what it could look like (when you hover over certian dot, for different location):

Posted Image

Edited by ¤CloudBurst¤

Posted

Cheers CB, we do already have a members weather station map here:

http://www.net-weather.co.uk/index.cgi?act...er;type=station

To do something similar to your idea would involve people updating data to us as well as their own sites in all probability, which is something we may look at this year, but probably not during the first quarter.

Posted

Dear Paul and the NW team,

Please could the members on each thread list be returned to the forum. It is a real help in seeing not only who is in a thread, but who is posting at any given time. This helps decide whether I stay in a thread or not.

IMO we may as well all log in as invisible.

Thank you in anticipation, ANDY

Posted

Hi Andy, I think it has to stay off during busy times I'm afraid, particularly when there are 200-300 in one thread it is quite a drain on the server. I'll put it on this evening to see how things go though..

Posted

Hi Andy, I think it has to stay off during busy times I'm afraid, particularly when there are 200-300 in one thread it is quite a drain on the server. I'll put it on this evening to see how things go though..

Ok Paul, thank you :D .

Posted

Paul: a question: I have posted a number of items on Cooking With Attitude under General Chat in the Cafe section. I wondered whether it was possible for me to amend/tidy up posts after they have appeared?

Many thanks

ACB

Posted

Hi ACB - you can edit posts for upto 3 hours after posting them but not beyond that point I'm afraid.

EP - it's working fine for me - what message do you get when you click the view new posts button?

Posted

Hi ACB - you can edit posts for upto 3 hours after posting them but not beyond that point I'm afraid.

EP - it's working fine for me - what message do you get when you click the view new posts button?

This is what I get.

Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 20 seconds before trying again.

I just tried it a few times and got through once, but this is the first time I have managed it today

Posted

It's just a case of waiting on that one I'm afraid - searching is a drain on the server so when lots of people are doing it at once the flood control kicks in. You can use the cut down version within 'my assistant' more freely though.

Posted

Do you have norton internet security or personal firewall?

If so, go to the n-w extra homepage and follow the instructions there - we've had to up the security of the images and it's affected some users who have that program.

Any problems, let me know and I'll try to help http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons//laugh.gif